• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slewis7313

• J_T

• jay

• EmmaR

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to hear about these setbacks Steve but keep battling on! You are an inspiration to everyone on the forum.

Love to Margaret and the girls,

Hilary

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've now had 3 sessions of Gem/Abraxane with only 2 episodes of mild sickness to report. The Tumour Marker is 5,867 but we are giving this a good ignoring for now as the test was after only 2 chemo sessions following a total chemo break of over a month.

The tummy / stent does seem to be settling down and I am eating pretty much as normal.

However, my old friend Neuropathy lingers and has the potential to be exacerbated by Abraxane, but so far so good.

I am now on the 1 week break (it's 3 weeks on and 1 week off) and I hope to have a quiet 10 days or so. If things remain stable, we would love to get away somewhere warm in the New Year.......we can but dream!!!!

A bit of a mixed bag in this report, but it could be so much worse!

Take care all.

Steve

X

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear things are settling down and you are eating well. Keep up the fight and hope you get your trip to the sun.

Hilary

Hi Steve, like you say a mixed report but I'm glad the stent has settled now and you are eating well. Keep up the fight and take care.

Love Sue x

Steve, good to hear things are better and you are eating well and the Abraxane side effects are minimal.

I'm sure you'll get that NY break!

KBO

Julia x

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, just a quick update on progress.

The stent seems to be helping, though I am still occasionally sick. My weight is holding, but I am struggling to recover the lost weight.

I also recently spent a night in Hospital as I had a high temperature. They didn't find anything and released me the next day.

Otherwise, things are pretty settled and I feel ok on Gem/Abraxane. That said, my tumour marker remains pretty high and has recently risen to 5,400. We'll just keep an eye on things and see how it goes.

Take care all

Steve

X

• 1 month later...

Hi all and apologies for not posting for a while. We have been waiting for Gem/Abraxane to work it's magic! However, we met the Oncologist last week after she reviewed my CT Scan. The outcome is that Gem/Abraxane is not working, all tumours show growth and my Tumour Marker has risen to 6,400. The result is that all treatment has been withdrawn and we have been told to make the best of any remaining quality time with the family. The Oncologist was as devastated delivering the news as we were to receive it, with a genuine "sorry" when she had finished. She has referred me for clinical trials at XXXX , so hopefully something will be of interest there.

This day was always coming, but we genuinely thought Abraxane would buy us some more time! We have given it a good run for it's money, turning a predicted 6 month survival prognosis into 3 years.

We are looking at a few family trips in the short term as we have no idea how long this vile beast will give me.

I'll try and post more often from now.

Take care

Steve

X

Hi Steve, good to hear from you and sorry the news is not better. Hope you are not feeling too bad physically and that you go on for some time yet. They usually see you v quickly at the xx for trials assessment and are really lovely there. Hope there is something which will suit you. Sending you and your family lots of love, Didge x

Hi Steve,

I am so sorry to hear that things are not so good, I was wondering how you were as you've not posted for a while. Let's hope you will have success with the clinical trials.

Have as good a Christmas as you can, I will be thinking of you, Margaret and the girls,

Hilary

Hi Steve,

Nice to see you back, but totally shocked to read your post. I cannot imagine how it must have felt for you to hear that news, and to post it as well. I do know how it feels for your family to hear it though, and I am so incredibly sure that their immense love for you can keep the beast away. Love can do a lot of things.

I will be thinking of you, and I just know my Dad will be looking down on you to spur you on also.

Have a good cry, and smash some pots ( sorry Margaret ) and then carry on fighting. It is what you are good at.

Leila xx

Hi Steve,

Sorry too that things are not too good at the moment, thinking of you all and sending a big cyber (((hug))) I agree with Leila, keep up that superb fight love sandrax xx

Hi Steve,

I was shocked to read your post but I really hope there is a trial that suits you. I am sure they are wonderful at XX.

Sending you and your family lots of love,

Sue x

Steve, no words help when you receive that kind of news ... just do what you can when you can and take each day with Margaret and the girls and fill it with joy and love .

Love Emma x

Hello Steve

Thinking of you and your family. Here's hoping there is a trial which will work some magic and give you some more positive news. Sending you lots of love

X

Sending lots of love to you Steve and Margaret and the girls.

Hoping you have a good Christmas and get some quality family time.

Thinking of you all.

Much love

Julia x