• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slewis7313

• J_T

• jay

• EmmaR

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good luck today Steve! We'll raise a toast to you tonight on the ship. Hope everything goes to plan and you're feeling ok ASAP

Rob

Steve, wishing you the best of luck today, your forum family will all be thinking of you too. Look forward to hearing an update when its all over and you feel up to it. Lots of love to you and your family xx

Steve, I hope it all well and you get the best results. You are an inspiration and it's always lovely to read how well you are doing. Fiona X

Slewis7313

After popping in to see the lovely folk at PCUK on Tuesday in their offices, Margaret, Holly and I headed for our Hotel to hopefully get some decent sleep before my NanoKnife procedure yesterday.

After being admitted at 10:00, we were fully briefed on the options (based on what the CT scan would show) by the Anethstetist and Prof. I was then taken down for the procedure on schedule at 14:30. The scan was apparently very high resolution and showed no visible signs of secondary cancer in the Liver. Bearing in mnd that an MRI scan a year ago picked up 12 'spots', this was already excellent (if not amazing) news and he hadn't even really started. This massive improvement is obviously down to good old Folfirinox!

He moved on to the Pancreas and carried out the NanoKnife procedure with no issues, returnng to my room by 17:00.

We now have to wait around 8 weeks to see what effect the procedure has had, but there is no reason to believe anything but a positive impact. We will of course be monitoring the tumour marker every 2-3 weeks in the meantime, but understand that the initial values may be somewhat eratic as a result of the procedure. We will keep you all posted on progress.

Again, a very positive outcome and a very happy family.

Steve

X

This is all brilliant news Steve, so pleased for you and all the family.

What a boost to know your liver is clear, so, so pleased!

Julia x

Steve fantastic news so so very pleased for you and your family .

Sending you best wishes and a virtual hug (((( ))))

Emma x

Way to go big man! Amazing news about your liver and now to hopefully watch your markers drop nicely down!

Very pleased for you, hope your wife enjoyed the bed I can't say the chairs make a comfortable alternative lol

Rob

X

Such fantastic news Steve. You really are proof that this thing can be beaten and an inspiration for all those fighting.

Hope all goes well for the future. Lynx

Brilliant news Steve. You are such an inspiration to a lot of people. You're family will be absolutely elated. I know from past experiences that your daughters will be incredibly proud of their Dad.

Leila xx

Slewis7313

Sitting in the Chemo Unit waiting for the Pharmacy to do their magic. My Tumour Marker has doubled to 1382, but this was expected after last week's NanoKnife. I'm fully recovered from last weeks's procedure, with only a small bruise on the upper belly. I guess for now it's 'watch this space'!

Steve

X

hope your recovery from Nano has been trouble free and you continue to be well and show this thing who's boss ;)

Love

Julia x

Steve, with long threads like yours I sometimes read back to the very beginning. Reading yours, saying that Christmas 2012 was a struggle trying to make it normal, not knowing that you would be having (at least) 2 more Christmases since then and still going strong nearly 2 and a half years after diagnosis, made me think how this time last year I did not think we would still be going and how if I'd known we would, I would have enjoyed this last year so much more! I do hope 'watching this space' only brings more good news that we can all share in. Didge x

Slewis7313

Thanks again for your comments and support. I had wondered about breaking my thread down into sub-sections to make it more manageable, but for reasons I do not fully understand I have been allowed to fight this thing off for a long time and thought it might helpful to leave it as it is. This makes my initial prognosis of 6 months so far from the mark that people can see how wrong the experts can sometimes be. I will continue with updates for as long as I can but am at the present optimistic for the foreseeable future!

Steve

X

Slewis7313

Just a quick post regarding PICC Line flushing. This has become quite difficult, with appointments simply not happening and occasionally not all supplies available. As a result, Margaret has now been given permission (and training) to do all future flushes herself. We have agreed that as soon as we hit any problems, we will immediately contact the Chemo Unit. Another result for us!

Steve

X

Hi Steve,

Pleased Margaret is able to do that for you. I bet you find that she does it a lot better than what you are used to. Dad always felt better with me doing it.

Just a little tip ( if you haven't already been told ), if the flush is impossible or hard to push, turn your head both ways and stretch your chin over your shoulder. Sometimes the veins get clogged and that will unclog them, and the flush with then go with ease. Just in case Margaret panics if it ever happens. I did the first time it happened with us.

Leila xxx