• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slewis7313

• J_T

• jay

• EmmaR

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great Steve. I was worried you weren't updating as it had been bad news so this is a huge relief to read. I'm glad you are a prime candidate and that things are speedily going forward. We go Monday and I can't wait for him to do his thing again. Carls pain is back tidy for some reason so I'm hoping this will finally sort it out.

Got a big smile on my face for you and like Didge said we need some good story's too

Rob

Sorry for not updating more quickly Rob. When with Prof. , I did mention Carl (and yourself) along with Mark's name (without going into detail) He was surprised but impresed that we are communicating and comparing notes on PCUK!

On another note, I have just (on a Saturday morning!) received an email from my Oncologist stating that she is really looking forward to discussing Prof. findings at our meeting next week. He is forwarding his report to her. She is a real Gem!

Steve

X

Dear Steve,

Great news! You are such a fighter, you are doing amazingly! It's good to read some good news too.

Keep us posted.

All the best!

Susanna xxx

Steve just wonderful news bet your girls are smiling ! and what a forum we have everyone really caring and looking out for each other in the good and bad times .

Take care

Emma x

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear such good news! It must be such a relief to all of you. Keep it up Steve, you'll have this thing beaten yet!

Can't wait to hear your next up date.

Amazing!

Much love

Julia x

Steve

Great news, so pleased for you. You have been amazing to others on this forum and always there with the right words when needed. You so deserve good news. Annette x

Just received notification of my MRI date......20th March. Could have been a bit quicker and if my Tumour Marker has gone up again next week, I may look at a private MRI to speed things up.

The Neuropathy seems to have stabilised, though it remains constant in my hands, feet and to a lesser degree in my calves. My manual dexterity is still OK, so manageable at the moment.

Steve

X

Good thinking Steve. Keep in control of things yourself. Hope you can get an earlier scan if necessary.

Hoping too the neuropathy eases more.

Best wishes

Julia x

Another interesting day in the Chemo Unit. It is cycle 18, but my script had me down to receive Oxaliplatin even though we removed it from my regime in November. My Oncologist is on Holiday and they struggled so much to find a Consultant to sign off the amendment to remove the Oxaliplatin that they were going to cancel the session! However, they managed to find a Consultant at the last minute and chemo is going ahead. I fear that had I not highlighted the anomaly I would have been given the Oxaliplatin!

My Tumour Marker has risen again to 325 (from 237 3 weeks ago), which whilst unwelcome is not worrying enough to change the MRI scan planned for 20th March. Apart from the annoying Neuropathy, I currently feel OK and expect / hope for positive changes after Prof. works his magic, hopefully some time around the end of the month.

TTFN from the Chemo Unit!

Steve

X

• 2 weeks later...

Met my Oncologist this morning, with the main topic being the results of my Liver MRI scan last week. It appears to be good news as the spots in my Liver have all but dissappeared (either no longer visible or less than 1/2cm). This is just what we need for Professor to focus on the primary site for NanoKnife. My Oncologist will arrange for a copy of the scan to be made available as soon as possible, which we will send to Professor and expect a date for the procedure shortly thereafter. The insurance company have been in touch with Prof and seem to have signed everything off, albeit with a £450 shortfall which we can deal with.

Bring it on!

Steve

X

Steve,

Dad has just asked me to ask you, hooe you don't mind, what you eat? When he had Gemcitibine he could eat anything and he did. Kebabs, pizza, chocolates, you name it. Since being on Folfox, all that has stopped. Not because of appetite, but of the diarrhoea. He desperately wants chocolate, but regrets it when he does. He has to have steak and steak only, to not go to the toilet. He asked me what you eat, and if you have to eat steak to help with the toilet? He also asked if you can drink alcohol? Alcohol used to be a big part of his life, and now he doesn't fancy it and if he has one, he regrets that also. Thank you.

Leila xx

Thanks all for the supportive comments.

Leila, I eat pretty much what I want. I have chronic diarrhea as a result of nerve damage from the operation in Germany. I take 4 Codeine and 6 Imodium every day which makes the diarrhea manageable. Before I started with Codeine, I found myself going to the loo far more often than I do now. Codeine also seemed to clear up my very painful piles!

I too like my beer, but can only now manage a couple of pints as large volumes of liquid go straight through me. I occasionally have wine as the quantity is less, but usually still fancy a beer!

I think your Dad has already tried the above, but it seems to work for me.

Steve

X