pancreatic cancer spread to abdomin

Kingsnorth

Kingsnorth

has anybody had PC spread to their abdomin if so can you feel it.  is there any pain in that region 

Edited by Kingsnorth

This is the case with my father's cancer. From the abdomen lining it spread to the liver capsule. My father has swollen extremities and lots of pain in the abdominal area. Have you been diagnosed?

Kingsnorth
12 hours ago, Vasil said:

This is the case with my father's cancer. From the abdomen lining it spread to the liver capsule. My father has swollen extremities and lots of pain in the abdominal area. Have you been diagnosed?

No not yet I’m in the process having CT scan next week. I know l have it though.  I started getting pain in my abdominal area and there is also a lump. How is your father doing is he having chemo? 

He was on Folfirinox for six months then chemo break and tumour markers rose tenfold. Now second line chemo with Gemzar Abraxane. He also has referred pain in his shoulder. As the hepatic mets are right under the diaphragm they also press causing pain. Dear Kingsnorth, you might not have pancreatic cancer. It could be something benign and liver-related. Have they checked your markers including CA 19-9?

Hello both. 

I have a ct scan next week too 😢I am scared witless 

I had a ultrasound scan where I was told I had dilated pancreatic ducts. 

Apparently a amylase blood test was normal? 

I'm convinced I pc too. 

Everyday is a struggle I'm crying all the time 

I've started getting things in order. 

Have you both any advice or just to talk is nice 

Kerry 

Hi Kerry. I did a search for dilated ducts. In many cases the reasons are benign for example pancreatic inflammation but not cancer. It could also be a natural process with aging - how old are you? i can imagine what tou are going through. Can you tell us more about your symptoms. What did doctors say?

Edited by Vasil
Grammar

Hi vasil 

I'd had a blood test for my thyroid. And the gp said my liver enzymes were raised. So they sent me for the abdominal ultrasound. The gp then rang me and said the ducts were dilated. He sounded quiet. He said come and have this particular blood test which I did. He messaged the next day saying it was normal "which is reassuring"?? But said still need to have a urgent ct scan. 

I'm so very frightened vasil. 

When I looked at dilated ducts all I see is bad news 

Kerry 

Kingsnorth
1 hour ago, Vasil said:

He was on Folfirinox for six months then chemo break and tumour markers rose tenfold. Now second line chemo with Gemzar Abraxane. He also has referred pain in his shoulder. As the hepatic mets are right under the diaphragm they also press causing pain. Dear Kingsnorth, you might not have pancreatic cancer. It could be something benign and liver-related. Have they checked your markers including CA 19-9?

CA 19-9 being done Tuesday. It’s not liver related I’m already under gastroenterologist for my liver as l have autoimmune liver disease. In fact it’s my liver consultant organising scans. I have already had endoscopy checking for hernia, GERD and ulcer but that was clear.  Does your father feel ok. I also have steatorrhea 

Kerry I believe a CT scan is way more precise than ultrasound so please do not worry for now. I hope it will be clear. My father was diagnosed on the basis of his CA 19-9 markers they were in the thousands and then CT scan of course. Please stay calm it's not yet for certain. If I could help in any way please let me know. Sometimes simply talking to someone does help. And please do not google for the statistics as these are average values.

Kingsnorth my father is feeling okay. A bit of fatigue but this is normal with chemo. I hope everything will be fine for you. My thoughts go with you.

Kingsnorth
6 minutes ago, Vasil said:

Kerry I believe a CT scan is way more precise than ultrasound so please do not worry for now. I hope it will be clear. My father was diagnosed on the basis of his CA 19-9 markers they were in the thousands and then CT scan of course. Please stay calm it's not yet for certain. If I could help in any way please let me know. Sometimes simply talking to someone does help. And please do not google for the statistics as these are average values.

Kingsnorth my father is feeling okay. A bit of fatigue but this is normal with chemo. I hope everything will be fine for you. My thoughts go with you.

Thank you l really scared 

I'm sorry I didn't even ask about your father, I didn't mean to do that, my head is frazzled..

Thankyou for your kind words vasil.. I spend every waking minute thinking of little else 😔

My appetite is ok. But I keep thinking how the gp sounded. And why he said the amylase test was reassuring. 

I don't know what a CA-19 is? Or when they do that. 

All I think is I'm going to get told horrible news.. 

I would really like to keep talking to you. Thanks 

Kerry 

Kinasnorth 

Where is your lump? What does it feel like? Is it big? 

What other symptoms do you have? 

Best wishes 

Kerry 

Dear Kerry, liver enzymes can be elevated for a variety of reasons, fatty liver, etc. Certain drugs can also contribute. My father was never tested for these enzymes. CA 19-9 is a certain protein released either by cancer cells or by healthy cells in response to cancer so it is useful in measuring disease progression albeit it's not entirely specific. Kerry are you in pain? And also did you lose some weight? Please stay in touch

Morning vasil 

I think I've lost a little weight but not sure if that was the first week when the gp told me I had dilated pancreatic ducts and need a ct scan (which is next week)

I lost my appetite due to nerves.

I've constantly got nervous stomach I wake with severe butterflies everyday. 

I'm still eating ok.. 

I have like an indigestion feeling alot, and uncomfortable below the ribcage. Tender upper stomach below ribs. 

At the moment the urine seems ok. 

I still don't understand about amylase. 

I really appreciate you being a friend vasil. 

Morning again vasil 

I will message again in a while so I can give you a better indication of how it feels for me 

Kerry 

Vasil 

I've eaten some toast an hour ago, and been ok. A bit uncomfortable under the center of ribs and a bit under the ribs on left side (apparently where the pancreas is? It feels as though something is caught if that makes sense. 

If I press gently on upper middle abdomen I feel very nauseous. 

I do feel nauseous from time to time 

As I say I keep thinking about the dilated ducts. And it all points to pancreatic cancer. 

I'm so sorry to annoy you about this. 

Kerry 

Kingsnorth
16 minutes ago, Vasil said:

Kingsnorth what happened today. How was scan and CA 19-9 check?

The blood test is tomorrow and the scan is on Monday.  I’m looking into hospice care, l know l don’t have a definitive diagnosis but I’m certain l do have PC. My liver area is now hurting. I’m struggling to speak to my partner about it as he is a “wait and see man” and as you know you don’t have time for wait and see with this.  I’m 70 years old and l do lots of research about most things, l don’t mean Dr google I’m talking NHS and lancet.  

Kerry please do not apologize. But I am no doctor and therefore unsure what to advise you. The only thing I can judge by is my own personal experience. It is true that my father had the same pain that you are describing right under the ribs but it also tended to spread to his lower back. He lost much weight before being diagnosed but it took six months not one week. Is there a way you could consult a medical person or speed up the process of diagnosis? Have you spoken to the wonderful nurses at this forum? Best regards Vasil.

Hi vasil 

I have my ct scan in a few days 😔 I have been googling its hard not to. But it points to pc 

I just know in my heart they'll say yeh it is. 

I'm constantly watching for symptoms 

Did you mean your dad took 6 months to lose weight? 

Thankyou again 

Kerry