Christmas Tree Festival

louiepc

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share with you what I have been doing. My local church is holding a christmas tree festival, where 21 trees are being decorated for various groups and charities.

In August I was asked if I would like to have a tree for Pancreatic Cancer UK. My mum absolutely loved Christmas and all that it meant, I said yes straight away.

This morning I decorated the tree in silver and purple, lots of friends have donated items to go on the tree, I think my mum would love it. It was very emotional and tears came, but I am so happy to have done this in Mum's memory and for raising awareness to pc.

On Saturday I am holding a table top sale, selling items with PCUK logo on, a lucky dip tub of Avon products, and lots of children's toys, all money going to PCUK.

It's coming up to mum's first anniversary on 30 December. My feelings are all over the place at the moment, remembering what happened last year is very upsetting, it seems very strange being happy with the children and all the fun of Christmas and then feeling sad too. I have to remember how much mum loved Christmas, and how she defied the doctors last year by making it to Christmas, that is what is helping me through. I don't care about New Year, and all the decorations will be down on 29 December so that mum's death has nothing to do with the festivities.

I hope everyone is as well as they can be, best wishes.

louie xxx

hi loui, what a wonderful idea. im not into christmas now, far too commercial, but do love to see pretty trees and decorations, am sure you had so much satisfaction doing it for your lovely mum, miss hearing from you, can tell from your post how sad your feeling, just think how far you have come in the last 12 months. mum would be so proud of you, as i am.

take care, enjoy your family and carry on moving forward. love laura xxx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Louie,

Thank you so much for all you are doing. The description of the tree sounds beautiful, and i admire your bravery to do it.

Such a lovely thing to do.

Huge thanks!

Jeni.

Hi Laura and Jeni

Thanks for your replies.

Saturday went really well, it was a long day, got to the church at 9am, and my son and I set up the stall. We had a table with all the PCUK items and my lucky dip of Avon products, I then had another table next to it, selling lots of toys and children's items.

I ran the stall from 10-4 which is a heck of a long time when it is chilly in the church hall, there wasn't a massive amount of people walking through, so I was really pleased when I counted up my money later and made...£122. I am so pleased with this amount, I also made some money over the last few weeks selling children's items on facebook, in total have made £158 for PCUK.

The church looks so lovely, 21 beautiful christmas trees all twinkling and all have a good cause, it was extra special on Sunday afternoon as we had a Lights of Love service, the local hospice that looked after Mum holds it each year, where you light a candle for loved ones and then the lights of the outside Christmas tree is lit, each light representing a loved one. Very emotional as you can imagine.

I'm not doing too bad this week, I have up and down days, and came across a slight problem today, I was looking for Christmas cards, and needed one for my Dad, all the cards are jolly and really happy, not something that is approriate for sending to him, I need to have a good look around for the right one.

By the way I will email photos of the Christmas tree.

Take care everyone.

louie xxx

hi louie, you have done so well raising money like that, so very many worthy charities out there all hoping for donations, so really, well done.

i hope you and your family have a happy xmas, whatever you do, the children will be a good distraction for you!!! take care of yourself louie, love laura xxxx :lol:

Hi Louie,

I followed your story last year with tears

in my eyes, I cannot believe it is nearly a year. The christmas trees must have looked

wonderful. I so admire the work you do to raise money for PC. Your Mum would

be very proud im sure. Having lost my mother in law this year, like you xmas will be one

of mixed emotions, We have decided to light lanterns to release on christmas evening.

Have a lovely Christmas louie with your family, thinking of you

best wishes

cheryl

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Louie,

Thanks for that run-down of the day. It sounds beautiful, and I can imagine, very emotional.

You are amazing to be putting so much energy and time into helping others who will suffer from this disease. A huge well done from the Support Team for all your kindness and trojan work. And thanks to your son too.

Will look forward to seeing the pictures! Will they be on the Facebook page?

Jeni.