In midst of tests

Ellen9

Ellen9

Hello everyone, I'm anxiously in the middle of tests for pancreatic cancer after having lost over 10% of my body weight and having a new pre-diabetic blood result a few weeks ago. Had a CT scan and trans-nasal endoscopy last week - no results yet from the former but the latter only showed some stomach inflammation, no tumours or ulcers. But I have been called in for a liver MRI in a couple of days, with no explanation. I'm feeling frustrated by the lack of communication, and also frankly scared of why this additional test has been called for. I am immensely lucky to have a wonderfully supportive husband but haven't wanted to worry friends so just needed a place where I could share my fears and know they will be understood. Many thanks for reading this, and please don't offer guesses on what the tests might mean, I just needed to express my anxiety. Every blessing on your own journey.

Hi Ellen9

So sorry to read of your anxiety. 
This is indeed a good place to air your concerns and be assured of support and understanding.
I wish you well and hope you will report your progress back here. All reports of symptoms, tests and treatments here help others on their journeys.  I think a great many folk read but don’t always feel able to contribute.

My very best wishes

broju

Thesea

It's difficult isn't it?  If tests aren't done / aren't done promptly, then there's a lot of worry.  And yet anticipating tests is an anxious time too.  But good to have them done.  Wishing you all the very best and I hope liver results are reassuring. 

• 2 weeks later...
Ellen9

Good news - just heard today that my tests show no pancreatic or liver cancer. A great relief, and I will continue to pray for those who are not so fortunate in their diagnosis.