The Discussion Forum has been set up by Pancreatic Cancer UK to provide a space for people affected by pancreatic cancer to:
- Share their experiences
- Connect with other people going through something similar
- Offer and receive support
At a glance
- The Forum is owned and moderated by Pancreatic Cancer UK. You can contact us about the Forum by emailing email@example.com.
- The Forum is a place for people with a personal connection to pancreatic cancer to share their experiences. It is not intended to be relied upon as a source of medical information and is not a substitute for professional advice. If you have medical questions or concerns, please speak with a relevant healthcare professional. You can also contact the Support Line to speak to one of our specialist nurses.
- All Forum posts are publicly visible. Anyone can read the Forum without registering, and posts may show up in search engine results. This keeps the Forum an open resource, and means more people can benefit from the support and information it contains.
- Your Display Name will be publicly visible, and for this reason must not contain identifying information (for example, your full name).
- After you register, you will be sent an email with a link to validate your account. Your account will also need to be activated by a member of the Support Team before you’re able to post.
- Forum users are not permitted to post any personally identifiable information – including names, hospital names and contact details – relating to themselves or to anybody else. You must not disclose the identity of any other Forum users, or healthcare or other professionals.
- Please post from your own experiences, and be mindful that other Forum users will be posting from theirs. Your experiences and perspectives may differ, and you may disagree, but posts should always be respectful and supportive.
- It can be easy to misinterpret things online, so we encourage you to treat other Forum users generously, give people the benefit of the doubt, and assume good intentions even if faced with clunky wording. Equally, we’d encourage you to consider how your post may be read by somebody who doesn’t know you and can’t hear your tone or read your body language.
- The Forum should be a safe and welcoming space for everybody, and we will not tolerate content that discriminates against anyone on the basis of their sex, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or philosophical belief, disability, gender identity/reassignment, marital status, family circumstance or age.
- If you encounter content of this kind, or anything that makes you feel uncomfortable, please report it to us. You can do this by clicking the three dots in the top right-hand corner of the post and selecting ‘Report’.