Forum suggestions

Support Team

Support Team

Hi all

I was thinking about creating some additional threads within the forum, perhaps a thread about nutrition or PERT, chemo, or a thread that doesn't talk about cancer at all? Does anybody have any suggestions or any thoughts about the forum in general?

Feel free to reply below or Contact Us with this link :)

Thank you!

Nadia

x

I feel sure that some of us who have been affected by Pancreatic Cancer - I lost my own wife to the disease some 18 months ago - might be interested to know more about the details of how research into treating this cancer is progressing?

I do realise that some of the of the technical details of how progress is being made will be virutally unfathomable to us mere mortals, but I for one would like to understand a little more of the science that is being applied, if that is available anywhere?

It may not be a suitable topic for a typical forum thread, but if those professionals who do have links to this forum could occasionally point us in the direction of where to find the latest published data on new advances, I think that might be useful.....

I for one would like to try and understand a little more about why this particular cancer is so difficult to treat.

We have seen advance in the treatment of some other cancers forge ahead in recent times.....  Why not for Pancreatic Cancer?

Even links to recommended reading elsewhere might be helpful?...

Just a thought...

I second this proposal!! 
I lost my husband 20 months ago and I still search the web for any sign of success in treatment or early detection of this disease.

I regularly return to this forum but sadly it seems to have lost the appeal for postings. Although we didn’t contribute while my husband was ill we found the postings from others incredibly helpful.

Support Team

Hi both!

What a super idea, thank you! Leave it with me and I will see what I can do :) 

This is where the research section on the website is too https://www.pancreaticcancer.org.uk/what-we-do/research/.

I am part of this group too https://www.pancreaticcancer.org.uk/get-involved-in-research/research-involvement-network/ after losing my mum to pc 7 years ago. There is a newsletter/bulletin with the latest research news and ways to get involved too.   

Thank you both and I will get back to you with your suggestion

x