What next?

Maddiel

My husband (59) was diagnosed with cancer in the neck of pancreas, stage 3 in July 2022. He had a few rounds of Folfirinox and reacted very badly, ending up in hospital for 3 weeks.

He then did Gem/Abtaxane until Christmas but it did not shrink tumour and he had 11 mm Mets to liver on last CT at end of Jan, so stage 4.

He is currently halfway through six sessions of Folfox, however, his CA19 - 9 is pretty much doubling every two weeks since Jan and is now 8000 +. He is also pretty miserable with few goods days while on chemo. So I am assuming the cancer is spreading probably in liver given the Mets.

Would anyone have any ideas as to what is the next step? Are we at the end of the line treatment wise? 

Would there be any benefits from radiotherapy? It has not been suggested as yet.

The next CT is due mid April when Folfox cycles are complete.  

My husband is very reluctant to ask questions and I do not want to do it in front of him, however, I really feel I need to know what is coming so that I can sort our business, family etc. and also I want to do my best for him so the more I know the better.

I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.