Can someone please help so worried x

Sukisue

Hi my name is Susan and i am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone could help please. I have had my blood test results back they are testing me for possible problems with my pancreas as my diabetic levels have risen i am a type 2 and i have had to start insulin plus my metformin  and everything else came back normal but the lipase test came back at 88 u/l and was flagged on the report should i be worried or is that normal. I had a CT scan last week with contrast but still waiting on the result. Im so worried as i have tried to look up the number but its all so confusing can someone help please x

Hello Sukisue.  It's hard researching isn't it?  I don't think many reading your request would wish to offer advice or an opinion but the nurses at pcuk are very knowledgeable, helpful and extremely approachable.  Why not give them a call? Best wishes.xx 

Sukisue,

Waiting for test results can be an agonising time.  As "broju" has kindly suggested, you'd be welcome to give our nurses a call on the Support Line to discuss any of your concerns now or in the future.

The Support Line Freephone number is 0808 801 0707 or you can email them at nurse@pancreaticcancer.org.uk

With best wishes,

Support Team

Pancreatic Cancer Support Team