Convinced I have PC from symptoms

Risinsky

Hi all, new to the site and I guess I'm wondering if anyone has been through a similar experience to me or has any input/advice.

Im a 29 year old male and understand PC would be rare for my age but my symptoms speak for themselves. They started 9 months ago with floating, oily stools and then a vague, upper left abdominal pain began around a month after the stools. At that time I was unaware these were PC symptoms but went to my GP anyway who ran all the blood tests that came back clear. He said it was probably gastritis and prescribed me to Lansoprazole to see if they cleared my symptoms (they didn't).

3 months later I contact my GP and stress my worry as the pain was getting worse and started spreading around my back (stools still floating with oil). They then wanted to do another round of blood tests to check Amylase levels etc in addition to an ultrasound to check for gallstones/pancreas issues. Bloods - clear. The ultrasound was clear with the exception of the pancreas as they could only see the head of it (which looked fine). At this point, the ultrasound gave me some false sense of security as I was unaware the pancreas was probably the issue and I went about my life thinking the symptoms would just vanish.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago after a month full of drinking at events every weekend, I wake up with much worse pain in my upper left abdomen, back and shoulder that has continued until now. I feel it most of the day and more so when I lie down and its very targeted to the pancreas area. I immediately contact my GP saying I'm worried and need another checkup and that I want to check Amylase again and do a CT with contrast (they agreed but I don't know the date of the scan yet but hopefully less than 2 weeks away).

I've told close family and friends of the situation and they are way more relaxed than I am about it saying "it could be anything" and I'd be "turning yellow" if that were the case which just isn't true in a lot of cases I've read about. I feel I've done rational research of my symptoms and I've never really had health anxiety or hypochondria so my symptoms, in my eyes, keep pointing to PC as pancreatitis wouldn't make much sense at my age unless some unknown damage has been done.

Hope to hear from others on what you think!

Other recent inconsistent symptoms: pain in right abdomen, on and off malaise and minor headaches, tummy aches, constipation, rarely diarrhea.

Note: stools are always brown/light brown which is probably normal colour

Risinsky:  In my case, I ended up in the ER because of an attack of pancreatitis. A CT scan discovered a tumour at the head of my pancreas which was causing the pancreatitis. I had no other symptoms. 

A biopsy was inconclusive. However, the tumour was removed because it was causing the pancreatitis. I was later diagnosed with a rare form of pancreatic cancer from which I’m receiving treatment.

Good luck!

Hi Risinskv, there are special P /C nurses on

this forum that you might want to reach out to. I have seen them reach out to others using this forum and I definitely think they would be able to help answer your concerns. Good luck and praying you get to the bottom of it and it’s not P/C.

6 hours ago, Sandyvon said:

Risinsky:  In my case, I ended up in the ER because of an attack of pancreatitis. A CT scan discovered a tumour at the head of my pancreas which was causing the pancreatitis. I had no other symptoms. 

A biopsy was inconclusive. However, the tumour was removed because it was causing the pancreatitis. I was later diagnosed with a rare form of pancreatic cancer from which I’m receiving treatment.

Good luck!

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. You had no other symptoms apart from the pancreatitis attack or you had similar symptoms to me that lead to a pancreatitis attack? 

I had no other symptoms other than pancreatitis attacks. It was a month between the attacks. I went to the ER when I was having the second attack. 

Hi, 

My husband had chronic smelly diarrhea six weeks ago, he also had tummy pain and felt sick, I called 111, and was advised to take him to A&E, he was kept in hostpital for three days and whilst there given a ct scan, he was discharged 3 days later with a discharge letter which read diagnosis definite/probable/differential/possible pancreatic Ca!

We were reeling from this as nothing was explained to us at the time, after alot of chasing up he's since had another ct scan an endoscopy to which we are still waiting for the results, and a consultation with his consultant who has said there is a mass around the blood vessels in the pancreas, and it's inoperable, we may be able to have chemo if he's well enough he's 71, and was working 6 days a week running his own buisiness, six weeks ago, he has lost weight his muscle has gone in his arms and legs and he is hardly eating he says nothing tastes right, and he has a dull ache in his abdomen, he feels sick and is sick some days and has extreme fatigue, looking back he has been extremely tired and unable to walk far but we put that down to his being a work a holic, and type 2 diabetic, his blood sugars are in the high 20's too most days, I am so sorry for anyone going through this its just soo awful.

Lots of love 

Netty

X