A forum for any other issues around pancreatic cancer

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
DRAD3

Re: Reluctance

Postby DRAD3 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi Karen
I feel as you do, hopeless, despondent, angry, frustrated and I do not even have any of the awful symptoms you are suffering! I don't know what it will take before things change for the better for everyone effected by PC. Losing faith by the day but absolutely can't because people like you are suffering. Sending you my love and know it is just not enough!
Deb
x

farmers wife

Postby farmers wife » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:47 am

Dear Deb,

Thank you so much for your kindness, thoughts and love, I really appreciate this and always feel lifted knowing there a friends out there who understand and care.

My heart goes out everyday to those I know of and also those I don't, who are sufferering. I hope that they can feel that they are not forgotten.

My love and prayers to all, as always, karen x

susikus

Postby susikus » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Keep going Karen, and look after yourself. You can come and have a rant here any time you feel like it! We'll help in any way we can, love Sue xxx

GunnarG

Postby GunnarG » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:27 pm

I have managed to move forward my eus appointment after sending tons of mails to a gastroenterologist professor at the hospital.(he probably felt sorry for me eventually)

Actually he mentioned that that day there will be a course there and in that occasion one of europe's best experts in EUS from Amsterdam will attend the course and because of that he will do the procedure along with that professor. so if he doesnt find anything i dont know who will:) so he was mighty kind to me. i could not believe what i was reading:_)
im now scheduled for EUS november 15.
I cant say i look forward to it (bit afraid what the outcome will be) but at least i can get some peace of mind when the procedure is over no matter what the outcome.

wish me luck. Gunnar

GunnarG

Postby GunnarG » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Btw this is one of the images from my last mri a mrcp. that the radiologist said was "normal" then what is that shadow on my pancreatic duct????

hope the link comes up :

[URL=http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1856-193.html][IMG]http://www.image-share.com/upload/1856/193m.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

GunnarG

Postby GunnarG » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:20 pm

had to delete it due to my personal nr was there.but this is the picture :
http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1856-202.html

someone tell me that does not look suspicios

DRAD3

Postby DRAD3 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Wish I could make sense of it but not qualified I'm afraid! Wishing you lots of luck on the 15th and hope you find the answers you need and deserve. Do let us know how you get on. lots of love
Deb
x

GunnarG

Postby GunnarG » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:15 pm

I will . tommorows the day that might change everything.

GunnarG

Postby GunnarG » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:06 pm

well. good news so far, nothing showed up on the eus. and they said that usually they cannot get a clear picture when doing this.but in my case they could see the pancreas very well and they could not see no tumor, unless its smaller than 3 mm.
i could not remember anything from the procedure not even getting the tube in my mouth i just greeted the doctor and than slowly "dissapeared" and woke up back in my room.

although i know this is good news. it does not help the symptoms!
getting more depressed as well.
what are your thoughts? rely on the eus results or?

GunnarG

Postby GunnarG » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:39 pm

really ? no thoughts? the dr has stopped further investigations. Is EUS conclusive enought or not

GunnarG

Postby GunnarG » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:40 pm

i have more pain now and nausia then ever

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi There,

The EUS is a very good technique for detection of pancreatic cancer or problems within the pancreas, bile duct or gall bladder areas.

Jeni.

GunnarG

Postby GunnarG » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:39 am

So im back here again, i cant help but to feel there is something more serious, now i fart every 5 minutes wich smells really realy bad(sweet and rotten), my stomach makes these noises down in my intestines like somethings fermenting.

and my stools are the same sometimes floating sometimes sinking like a rock, but always same distinct sweet smell. and pretty greasy and leaves some small floating fragments in bowl but no oil drops.

i feel a pressure builup in the throat like i have to burp ,sometimes i burp but sometimes it feels more trapped. have som pain underneath my right rigcage.(hope its not from the liver)
i cant help but to get scared when my feces are the same everyday , and the symptoms.

i keep sayin to myself that the doctor who did the EUS said theres noting on my pancreas, but isnt it possible it may have grown from insignificant in size to significant in 3 months?

PCUK Nurse Dianne

Postby PCUK Nurse Dianne » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:12 pm

Hi Gunnar G,

Sorry to hear you are still having symptoms. As it has been some time since you have had investigations it would be prudent to ask for further imaging due to increase in your symptoms. Normally the same investigations as previously is ideal as then you have a comparison, so as you have had an MRI previously this would be best imaging in this instance. I have had a quick look back through your forum posts, however have you had any input from a dietician previously in respect to your diet and any evidence of malabsorption? Has coeliac disease been excluded? Also have you previously had a colonoscopy. Certainly the way forward would be for repeat blood test (ie CA19-9, CEA) and also MRI and then move forward from there.
I hope this is helpful.
Best wishes,

Dianne
Support Team

GunnarG

Postby GunnarG » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:08 am

the thing is, from the time i had EUS. I Actually gained 10 kgs , but im now starting to loose appetite and loosing weight again.
they have outruled anything harmful, and like they tell me, u do not have pancreatic cancer. but we will gladly examin u for other causes. im not far away from getting myself hospitalized in a mental hospital. cause i cant take the anxiety that comes with loss og appetite and general feeling unwell