A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
allyc1

Re: Mum's diagnosis

Postby allyc1 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:00 pm

She certainly isn't going down without a fight. She is truly remarkable. Hope you are finding some time for yourself too, I know all too well what it's like, you don't have time even to think straight.
Thinking of you
Alison x

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:14 pm

How is your Mum Sue?

Leila xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:31 am

This is one of the hardest things ever! Mum had a turn yesterday morning and I got called in to the hospice! Her sats dropped and she couldn't breathe again! They put her on oxygen and when I got there she had more colour! I spoke to the DR and she said they think the lung is full of fluid again and they mentioned pneumonia. Mum refused to go to hospital so it is oxygen and an oral antibiotic! I stayed till 10 p.m last night then came home as she was comfortable and peaceful! I haven't heard anything so heading back to the hospice soon.
The nurses had put my name forward for counselling and I spoke to a counsellor yesterday. I was a little wary, not sure why, but all I can say is she was wonderful and I'm seeing her again! I need to talk I realise that! I have lost my niece In 2014 my sister in law last October and my friend is in the same hospice as my mum as her cancer has gone to her brain! So much cancer everywhere!
I'm just about getting through this but I'm not sure what I will be like when the time comes and that's what scares me!
Sorry for the sadness and I am thinking of everyone on this cruel cancer journey.
Love Sue xxx

allyc1

Postby allyc1 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:31 am

Keep strong Sue, your mum knows your there for her and that's the main thing. I too saw a counsellor before my dad died, she was wonderful and it really helps to talk even though it's so painful to talk about. I cried all the time but she said I wasn't the only one, couldn't cry in front of my dad so had to let it out somewhere.
Thinking of you
Alison x

Didge

Postby Didge » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:15 am

Sending lots of love x

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi Sue,

Hope your Mum is more comfortable today. Hope you find out more about the pneumonia.

Will they not let you stay there with your Mum?

Leila xxx

boa

Postby boa » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:26 pm

Sending you strength at this difficult time.
Catherine

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:27 pm

Sue,
You have had such a lot to cope with loosing your niece and sister in law, and worrying about your Mum and now your friend too its all just so scary.
Glad you spoke to a counsellor and hope it helps.
When the time comes I am sure you will cope, we all manage it somehow. love sandrax xx

brodders

Postby brodders » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:25 am

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:33 pm

Thankyou everyone my lovely friend died this morning. We were at school together and our daughters are friends having grown up together! A sad day!
My Mum is very weak and sleeping most of the time. She didn't remember my daughter visiting her this afternoon. Her voice is weak and she is tiny! She did eat some scrambled egg while I was there. She wan't very responsive today and I think she was upset that my friend died! I had to tell her as she asks every day how she is and her Mum visited my Mum everyday.
I have been so fidgety and restless this evening I can't explain it! I'm truly worried now and dreading the next few days.
I don't want to stay at the hospice and I only live 5 minutes away.
Love to everyone,
Sue xxx

ElsieG

Postby ElsieG » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:28 pm

Sue,

i know how you feel, my darling John having passed 6 weeks ago. God Bless you both. Xx you have been such a wonderful support to your dear Mum. Xx

Linda G

boa

Postby boa » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:38 am

Sue, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It is also very draining emotionally caring for your Mother. My experience was that I found strength I didn't think I had. I'm sure you will be the same. Catherine

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:31 am

Sue,
What a truly torrid time you are having I feel so much for you, loosing your friend on top of all you are going through and it must be so upsetting for your Mum too, what was it Julia used to say " keep on keeping on " its all you can do.
Its good that you are so near the hospice, you will get more rest at home I am sure, and you need that rest as yours had been a long journey. take care love sandrax xx

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:53 am

Sue,

I am sorry to read of the loss of your friend.

This must be very tough tor your Mum to hear. Hope your Mum continues to be comfortable.

Leila xx

Didge

Postby Didge » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:14 pm

So sorry to hear about your friend. I do feel for you as a very close friend was diagnosed with cancer a few days after Rob died and he himself died before Rob's funeral! Sometimes you just have to live through the nightmare! So glad you are close to the hospice so you can go home. If you want, you can request that the staff advise you when they think you should stay the night. Often the do anyway. Xx