Top Posters In This Topic

• Sueoliver

• sandraW

• Didge

• brodders

Top Posters In This Topic

PCUK Nurse Dianne

Hi Sue,

Such a difficult time for you, I am so sorry to hear of your niece's passing, such a tragic loss. I cannot imagine how you must all be trying to cope at this current time. Please accept our sincerest condolences and hope things improve for your mother soon.

Dianne

Support Team

Thankyou for your kind words. Mum had a CT scan yesterday and they have told her she has a large cyst behind the stomach and fluid. Does anyone know what this cyst is? Is it connected to the cancer? They are keeping her in hospital until at least Monday and they are holding a meeting! I presume this is to see if any different treatment is needed. She did mention that they were talking about draining the fluid!

I think I'm only just about sane at the moment! Sue x

A quick update the hospital discharged Mum on Saturday as she isn't in pain and wanted to go home! She has to see her Oncologist on Wednesday for full results of the scan. I am so worried about her now she isn't right and is down! What could this cyst be?

Thinking of you all. Sue x

Don't know, sorry Sue, why don't you give the nurses on here a ring, I am sure they will be able to give you some insight, then you will be armed for Wednesday. take care sandrax

Waiting for scan results is such a worrying time but try not to dwell on all the unknowns. Ascites (fluid) is quite common and often relief is gained from draining it - but you'll know more on Wednesday. Thinking of you until then x

Mum saw the oncologist today and the tumour has stayed the same! Hasn't shrunk and hasn't grown! They think the cyst is caused by the chemo so are giving her a rest this week. Mum was happy with this but I have mixed feelings! This is so hard!

Trying to be positive but I feel drained! Finding it hard to concentrate on anything! Sue x

I know that feeling only too well Sue, but staying the same is good, so everyone says but we all just want it to disappear even though we know it won't happen. Glad mum's still positive take care sandrax

Most people don't understand but I know some of you on here will! I have felt so sad these last few days! I look at my Mum and it breaks my heart. I want to turn the clock back but I know I can't . I read all the stories on here and even though there are some positive lovely posts there are also some that are heartbreaking like Susannas at the moment. I try not to feel like this but sometimes just can't help it. I have my nieces funeral on Friday and maybe when that is over I will feel a little better. I suppose deep down I am scared of the coming months.

I support my Mum in every way and she has no idea how sad I feel!

Love to everyone who is in some way affected by this disease I wish it would just do one! Sue x

Well done Sue for raising so much money. Iam sure your mum is very proud of you. I am proud of you. I am proud of every person that wouldn't normally do something, but they did it for a loved one. That is very very special.

Leila xx

Thank you Leila we raised just over £1200 which was fantastic. My husband runs Woking Amateur Boxing Club and they are holding a Dinner Show on the 28th November. We are raising money for Pancreatic Cancer UK and Woking Hospice on that evening. We have some good raffle prizes that have been donated and a couple of auction prizes. It keeps my mind occupied organising it!

Sue x

• 2 weeks later...

Mum's CT scan results were mixed first they said the tumor was the same now the oncologist is saying it has slightly shrunk! The oncologist has also lowered her dose of chemo saying " it would make her life easier" I wasn't at the meeting! Mum is so happy about this I am so scared!

When I saw her today she was very short with me and seemed cross with me! I was so upset when I left. Don't really know what to think!

This journey is just awful! Love to you all out there who are on it. Sue x

Hi Sue, perhaps Mum was just having a bad day I know my husband has plenty, and is often short with me too. Trevor had 6 folfirinox earlier this year, a break of 3 months that stretched to 4 months, then back on the treatment again. He has now had a further 5 furry fox and his oncologist has stopped his oxyplatin from now, so I think its pretty normal for them to adjust the regime especially if your mum has suffered some form of reaction. Believe me I understand how scared you are, but I just try to stay positive, and be happy that he is still here. Well done on the fundraising what an amazing amount, take care sandrax

Hi Sue,

It's horrible when we don't attend meetings isn't it? We don't quite know exactly what has been said. I think they have so much worry and so much anxiety, that anything else just makes them stressed. My dad also gets like this and it hurts me so much to think what must be going through their mind. Just try not to take it personally, and just let her let her feelings out to you. I know how hard it is to see our parents like this.

Leila xx

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't posted for a while! Mum has a CT scan at the end of January so we will see how things are! She is very skinny although eating better! The cyst they found is a worry as they have now said they don't know what it is! They want her to have an endoscopy although she is not keen.

The good news is we raised approximately £5000 at the boxing show in November. This will be split between Woking Hospice and Pancreatic Cancer. As soon as the final money has come in we will be sending a cheque. I was really pleased with the amount we raised and it made me feel like I have helped in some small way.

I hope everyone has a peaceful and Happy Christmas, or as Happy as you can! Thinking of everyone on here at this very hard time of year.

Love Sue xxx

Good łuck with the scan Sue, though it does seem strange that they can't work out what the cyst is?! I am not a lover of endoscopy's, but if it only a 'look & see' then they are not so bad.

Amazing news with the fund raising....really serious money!

Hope you are able to get some enjoyment out of the Festive Season.

Steve

X

Thankyou Steve it is an amazing amount of money but we had some really brilliant support and it was sold out. I am hoping the cyst isn't too sinister!

Hope you enjoy the Festive season as well. Sue x

Hi Sue - what a fantastic amount of money to raise. Well done. Have a lovely Christmas with your mum. My mum was diagnosed in February and we really thought we would have her this Christmas but sadly wasn't to be.

Take care lots of love Cate Xx

Hi Sue,

What an amazing amount of money! Well done. I hope the scan result will come back good.

Thinking of you. I wish you and your family a peaceful Christmas.

Susanna xxx

Everytime I read your posts, you're making money! How amazing are you. It is people like you that people like your mum and my dad so desperately need. We need more people like you, so one day there will be a survival rate. I just want to say how proud I am, we all are.

Leila xx

• 4 weeks later...

Mum had her CT scan yesterday and is seeing the consultant this afternoon. There haven't been any significant changes apart from wind! She blames this on the "cyst" in fact she blames everything on the "cyst" . The endoscopy is next week with a plan to drain the "cyst". Don't know why but I feel uneasy today!

Love to everyone and I will up date with the results. Sue x

Hi Sue,

Hope the scan comes back ok. Did they say what is causing the wind? Dad has constant wind. It's a tough time when they have a scan, it's the waiting for the results, it's just sickening. Hope you get them quickly, so you not having to wait too long.

Leila xx