David

Dear all,

I was looking at the tribute wall and noticed a recent tribute to David left by Sam (top left corner). Thinking this is probably the lovely David who posted here, who was so positive and supportive, and has been missed. Whether it is or not, sadly another much loved man has lost his battle to stay with his young family.

Nikki

Dear all

I have been a quiet observer for the last few weeks having joined the forum to gain ideas and encouragement from the strength and determination shown by all those affected by this awful disease. David's enthusiasm and support for others was inspiring and along with all members of these forums, reading his posts gave me greater determination to keep finding ways of helping my 38yr sister cope with the physical and psychological consequences of PC. I felt a sense of worry when people posted messages seeking him out to no avail and to now learn of his death is so sad. There are never the right words to convey the feelings to those who have lost a loved one and I would never presume that I have anything significant to add but I would like simply to express my admiration for a man who was able to help others at a time when he was fighting his own battle.

Lisa

Hi Nikkis, I noticed this too and was unsure whether to mention it so left a cryptic message on Steve Lewis's thread as I know he had been wondering about David. I guess it's okay to say it out loud. It's so very sad. David was SO upbeat and positive. My sincere condolences go out to Sam and his two children.

Julia x

Hi,

I didn't know David, but it is always so sad to read that someone else has been taken. Someones loved one.

My condolences go out to David's family.

Leila x

Oh that's so sad,yes I have been wondering if he was ok he responded to my posts with such kindness before my hubby passed away , and told me what I said everyday to him as my mantra ( Yesterday's gone tomorrow hasn't come and as we are here and know one knows what tomorrow brings we are the same as anyone else ) was fantastic and mentioned the joy his little girl of 4 brought to him so sad so sad love and strength to his family .

EmmaR xx

Thanks Nikki and Julia. I struggled with your cryptic clue Julia but am not that familiar with 'the wall' and could not work out which were the newer posts. It would indeed appear that the Sam/David entry is indeed 'our' David which is again so sad. He was really positive and excited about Nanoknife and it is a blow that he has now succumbed to this awful thing. I am sure all our thoughts are with Sam and the family at this very difficult time.

Steve

X

I always enjoyed reading David's posts so much, he was so positive and so ready to give support to others on the site, sending love to Sam and his little girl, sandrax

He looked every bit as lovely as he sounded!

Just wanted to say hi to Lisa, and welcome. Very sorry to hear about your sister, how horrible for you all,

Nikki

So sad to hear we have lost another brave man to this cruel disease. Thinking of his family at this sad time

Julie x

Oh it's so sad that another member has left this forum out of no choice but good that we are still here looking out for each other with care and compassion that is as I have said before hard to find anywhere else I am still drawn to this site 15 weeks since my Jon passed away I think it's because you truly have to have lost someone or are fighting for someone who as PC to really understand what we have gone through or are going through and for that I say THANK you all .

EmmaR x

Edited by EmmaR

davidandsam

Hi Everyone,

I have finally been brave enough to log in and was so amazed to see a thread about my wonderful David right at the top with such lovely messages.

Unfortunately David lost his battle on the 23rd Jan after an incredibly courageous and determined fight. He has left us with so many happy memories and we could not be more proud. He taught us so much, he was always the life and soul and will continue to be so in our house. He was still making the nurses howl with laughter right up to the day he died. David so wanted to upset the statistics of this horrible cancer and he gave it everything he had but now it's my turn to take his fight to a different arena. I could sit and write all night long about how truly incredible he was and how despite his diagnosis remained the David I fell in love with even in his darkest days. Our daughter has wonderful memories of daddy and I will never let them fade.

Thank you to all of you who gave him strength through this forum, he really cared for you all and would wish for me to pass on his best wishes for you all. If there's anything I can ever do for anyone, any questions about nano knife etc I will happily give my experience.

Sam

Sam, how lovely of you to come and post on the forum. We could tell what a top man David was and he was so funny (furry fox indeed!). He was positive and strong. I know you must be so very proud of him.

Julia x

Julia has said it all Sam. The David's on this forum spur so many of us along. Thanks again for coming back on today, it can't have been easy.

Take care

Steve

X

Hello Sam,

So sorry to hear that another wonderful husband and father has lost his battle against this cruel disease. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Hilary

This was a massive shock to me too, I read the thread not long ago and he was so positive and inspiring to me. Although I never spoke to either of you on here Sam, I just would like to say I'm very sorry to hear things haven't worked out as we all hoped. It's reminders like this that make me so grateful to everyone on here for being so open, honest and supportive. Sam, I hope if you need us you will come find us,

Rob

x

Hi Sam

I am so sorry (and was so shocked) to hear that lovely David had died. Couldn't believe it really as his posts were so positive and he sounded so strong.

He died not long after I lost my own partner, Jonathan so I know how you must be feeling. Take comfort, if you can, from knowing that others are treading the same path as you and you are not alone.

Visit us here whenever you feel you would like to.

Cathy xx

• 2 weeks later...

Oh heck. I'm so sad. David and his furryfox really helped Mum and I. Your really increadibly brave and uplifting post makes a difference, just sad I didn't put 2 and 2 together and realise this was DavidandSam David at first.

Thinking of you all. He seemed to be a man that engendered and gave massive amounts of love. Made our world of battling this a bit brighter too.

Take care

Sarah

XXX