Wilko Johnson gets op!

J_T

Hmm, yes, does occur to me that it would have been better if he'd known it was a neuroendocrine tumour when diagnosed! But good luck to him. It's a distal pancreatectomy with extras it would seem.

Have read the posts, regarding Wilko Johnson with interest, although, not a lot of information really, could have done with more emphasis on his cancer, and as you say, no mention that it is an endocrine tumour. A little self interest here I'm afraid, because I too have a pancreatic endocrine tumour, and also had a distal pancreatectomy, plus spleen and part of my tummy, debulked, because they could not remove it all - done about eighteen months ago. I have just commenced treatment, and I am on my second Sandostatin LAR injection, which I will need to have monthly. Would be great if Wilko could write something for the forum, would be very interesting for some of our members, and highlight pancreatic cancer. Carole.