A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Fifi

Re: Wish someone would help him

Postby Fifi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:48 pm

Thank you all for your yet again lovely comments.

Life still goes on, and that is a hard saying.

I have had a lovely plaque made for my Dad's urn. I have bought a bracelet which I will be able to put some of Dad's ashes in, so I will have him with me. It hasn't arrived yet, so can't say what it is like. I have also ordered a flower for Dad for Father's Day.

It is still dreadful to read on here, all the misdiagnosis still happening. Why is it happening??

I have written to the NHS ombudsman. No reply as yet. I will post the reply if I get one, and if I'm allowed.

Leila xx

jay

Postby jay » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:06 pm

Sending you a massive hug Leila
love Jayne
xxx
Put some flowers on Jems grave today and my dads, cant face going on fathers day, I hope they don't mind
x

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:15 pm

They would understand Jayne. Just knowing you were there would be all that mattered. They wouldnt expect you to go Sunday.

Leila xx

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:54 am

Dear Dad,

A year ago today, you were taken from my life. It is a hard day, but every day is hard. There is not one hour when I am not thinking of you. I know the pain will never stop, but I am just hoping that one day I will think of you, without thinking of what you were going through.

You really were so brave. I know you don't think you were, but you Dad you have no idea. I know you got upset and angry at times, and why shouldn't you, no one deserves what happened to you.

I know you suffered with severe diarrhoea, constantly, and they could never stop it, therefore you were housebound, but you made the most of that. You would have a roast dinner every day, not a big deal you would say, but it was. You even did that until the Sunday before you were admitted to hospital. You never lost your appetite. You would still bet on the horses ( hope you don't mind that I lost you £15 on the Grand National this year).

I hope you know that I did everything I possibly could for you, I was always on the phone to the Oncologist, or someone, always searching online for something to help you. Always by your side in hospital, to speak for you, to care for you and to love you.

As you know I have a new job, and it is ok. I am trying to better with money, and that seems to be going well too. I hope you like your flowers, I didn't get them from Google, I picked them myself. I hope your plants grow that I planted, I tried my best.
I try to visit Pat and Bill when I can, will go again in June. They are ok, and Barry is doing ok. Paul will always be Paul, but he tries his best, it is just the way he is.

I still like to come on this forum and help people where I can. I feel I have too much knowledge not to. And sometimes, it's just about not being alone.
I wasn't being hard faced Dad when you said sad things to me, or showed fear or concern, and I didn't crumble. I didn't want you to see my fears and my sadness, you would have hurt all the more. But, you've seen them now, and I'm sorry for that, I just miss you Dad.

Leila xx

jay

Postby jay » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:15 am

Ah Leila, massive hugs your words are beautiful.
love Jayne
xx

Didge

Postby Didge » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:31 am

Beautiful post, Leila. Sending you lots of love, xxx

Dandygal76

Postby Dandygal76 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:30 am

My heart goes out to you. He was so unlucky they could not get on top of his symptoms. He would be proud of you, I have read your posts and you are amazing and you are strong. I hope it gets easier for you over time. x

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:51 am

Thinking of you and sending you love and a hug Leila xx sandrax xx

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:39 pm

What a lovely, lovely, lovely post written straight from the heart.

Leila, you are so caring and always there for others, so I know that your dad will be exceptionally proud of you help others in the way that you do.

Hope you are okay xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:47 pm

Leila those words are lovely and from the heart.

Sending you love and hugs.
Sue xxx

Linda G

Postby Linda G » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:08 pm

Ah Leila, that is lovely. Its like a letter you have written from your heart to your Dad. Your Dad will know how much you did for him, fought for him, and cared for and love him. He will know your pain and he will be so proud of your strength. Leila you are not "trying" to do your best, you ARE doing your best. Don't every feel sorry for your tears and sadness, a few weeks ago you told me we only felt so sad and fearful and grieving because we love them so much! You never have to apologise for loving!
Love
xxxx Linda G

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:56 am

Thank you very much for everyones kind comments.

Means very much to me.

Leila xx

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:47 am

Very true Linda!

Hope you are feeling okay today Leila but it's nice that you've reactivated your dad's thread and my suggestion for what it's worth is to use it to help cope with your loss and we can return just a tiny bit of the love and care you give us xx

Dandygal76

Postby Dandygal76 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:41 pm

Hey Leila, I think of you all the time. It scares me I will likely go through what you have. Stay strong, our dads made us strong and the best tribute is to live your life the best that you can. xx

Linda G

Postby Linda G » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:02 pm

Hi Leila, thinking of you. Hope you are okay. Did your bracelet arrive yet? Just found out that the next ceremony for some of Stewart's ashes to be buried on the pitch at SAFC is in September. It seems a long way off but it might mean I will be able to attend. I don't think I could go if it was any time soon, so maybe it's a good thing.
xxx
Linda G