A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Sueoliver

Re: Trevor's Story

Postby Sueoliver » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:27 pm

Dear Sandra what an awful time! I really hope Tuesday goes ahead. I feel like I'm living in a nightmare and I would think you do too! I hope Trevor is managing and staying positive and I hope you are looking after yourself as well Sandra.
Thinking of you both.
Love Sue x

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:39 am

Sandra, I am really sorry to hear of Trevor's awful treatment. Sounds like they are looking for a 'scape goat' for their own incompetence. I hope tomorrow is mre successful.

Take care

Steve
X

Ant11

Postby Ant11 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:05 am

Hi Sandra, like so many others are saying, this is a disgusting attitude by the hospital. You should really consider going to PALS and putting in a complaint. Some patients experience great service from the NHS but these are in the minority. For most people it is such a battle to get anything done or questions answered. You offer such great support to everyone on the forum and don not deserve to be under this amount of pressure and worry. Thinking of you both and sending you the strength to battle on. Lots of Love Annette xx

Didge

Postby Didge » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi Sandra. Just a quick message to say that I hope you and Trevor are hanging in there! lots of love, Didge x

jay

Postby jay » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:57 am

fingers crossed for today Sandra
love Jayne
x

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:38 pm

Hi Sandra how is Trevor I have been thinking of you.

Sue x

jay

Postby jay » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Hope things are ok Sandra
love Jayne
x

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:16 pm

Sorry for not posting Trevor had the drain in Tuesday, Wednesday they said they could do no more and removed his fluids but put him on a syringe driver for his pain, they also stopped the antibiotics.
Thursday they put the fluids back up again, he is still chatty but very sleepy, the pain a lot more controlled now.
he is getting good care and I have a room at the hospital, just down the corridor, with enough room for the boys to stay. So we are in the lap of the gods, but he is still fighting on, love to all sandrax xx

nikkis

Postby nikkis » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi Sandra,
So relieved to hear that Trevor is receiving good care and you and your boys are able to stay, you have both been through so much. I know the pain you are going through, but you just keep going, hour by hour, day by day, you are an amazing lady Sandra.
Lots of love to you both,
Nikki

Didge

Postby Didge » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:26 pm

Glad to hear that things are as well as they can be right now xx

J_T

Postby J_T » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:34 pm

You are both in my thoughts Sandra.

Take care.
Julia x

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:41 pm

Dear Sandra,

I am so sorry to hear Trevor is in hospital. Pleased you are able to stay, I know it is impossible to leave their bedside for one moment. After all the poor treatment you have both received lately, I am so pleased to read that has improved. You need that care now.
Is the pain under Trevor's ribs? What is he taking for it?

Although I am at my Dads bed side, I still think about everyone here. I hate this cancer so much. Please give give love to Trevor for me.

I know this is so easy to say, especially as I'm struggling to do this myself, but are you eating and drinking ok? If you can't eat, drink tea with lots of sugar.

Leila xx

RLF

Postby RLF » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:37 pm

Hi Sandra,
I'm sorry to hear that Trevor is back in hospital, I don't really know what to say other than I'm thinking of you all and literally trying to send positive energy your direction as I lay here. You really do grow attachments to people on these boards and share in your pain as well as in the good times. I really hope he proves them all wrong!
Massive hug
Rob
X

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:08 am

Sandra I am so sorry to hear Trevor is so poorly and in hospital. You are an amazing lady and always have supportive words for us all. Rob is right we do have attachments even though we have never met! Thinking of you and your boys. Stay strong Sandra.
Love Sue xxx

Ant11

Postby Ant11 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:43 am

Sandra, sending love, hugs and prayers to you, Trevor and the boys. As others have said you really have been amazing support to so many people on the forum and now it is our turn to support you. Lots of love Annette xx