A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
J_T

Re: Trevor's Story

Postby J_T » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Sandra am appalled to hear latest setback. Please diary all these events and make sure you complain when the time is right. One wonders if medics have any comprehension whatsoever of the mental torment of stalled procedures? It is totally unacceptable what has happened to Trevor, a very sick man, over the last few weeks.

Sending you love and strength.

Julia x

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Sandra I really feel for you and Trevor. I really hope they sort it all out soon and the procedure goes ahead on Friday! These procedures really should be a priority when someone is so poorly.
Stay strong for Trevor.
Sending lots of love.
Sue x

nikkis

Postby nikkis » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:31 pm

Dear Sandra,
Thinking of you and Trevor, really hope things are sorted out this week.

Lots of love,

Nikki

Didge

Postby Didge » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:30 pm

Sandra, Friday can't come quick enough I am sure. I do hope it goes ahead! Thinking of you, lots of love, Didge x

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:09 am

Dear Sandra,

I am so sorry they are messing you about so much. It really is absolutely disgraceful. You just feel like no one cares. I knkw so much what it is like to see them getting weaker, I only wish I could say or do something.

Leila xx

jay

Postby jay » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:06 am

Thinking of you both Sandra
love Jayne
x

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:19 pm

On Thursday they gave us the news, that he was still unable to have the procedure on Friday, as the list was full, but he has a DEFINITE place on next Tuesday's list at 2pm, so he came home again until Monday. We have now been waiting since the 15th March, when I queried this, they said they had tried to do it on the 30th and it wasn't their fault that Trevor was unable to stand the pain having it done under a local, and that they had tried.
Meanwhile he just gets more and more tired and weaker and weaker, but I spoke to Dianne yesterday, and she has helped so much to make me feel a bit more positive. She said Trevor is struggling so much because he is not getting rid of all the poisons in his body due to the jaundice, and that he should feel considerably better once things get moving again, so fingers crossed.
His appetite is non existent, and he is now struggling to even walk, he has lost a stone in weight, even though I am forcing him to eat small amounts, as often as he can.It seems such a shame as he will now have to battle to get some strength back, as well as managing his pain.Just can't wait for him to finally get it sorted, take care love sandrax

brodders

Postby brodders » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:51 pm

You are a remarkable woman, so brave and strong and I see so supportive of others.
I am thinking of you and Trevor , take care and lots of love Cate xxx

MSH

Postby MSH » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:22 pm

sandraW wrote:

> it wasn't their fault that Trevor was unable
> to stand the pain having it done under a local, and that they had tried.

Yes it was. There shouldn't be any pain when a procedure is done under a local anaesthetic. Sometimes a little might be unavoidable, but if a procedure has to be abandoned it suggests a failure to administer the anaesthetic correctly or a failure to plan appropriately. To try and pass it off as the patient's fault is pusillanimous.

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:52 pm

Thanks for that Mark, He has been so brave through everything from his surgery, his PICC lines as he has very thick skin, through his 23 sessions of chemo, so I was upset, that they were blaming him, 4 people held him down, and they gave him all the anaesthetic they could, but he still couldn't take the pain. sandrax

RLF

Postby RLF » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:11 pm

Wow such bad care, I'd be looking at making a complaint Sandra, poor Trevor it's really not on! X

kittycat

Postby kittycat » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:00 am

What an awful time you're going through, but stay strong. Thinking of you. Big hugs.

Sue

nikkis

Postby nikkis » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:43 am

Sandra,
I am free on Monday and could come and shout at people for you (I considered offering to punch too, but don't want to be arrested!). You could then tell them in all honesty that you have never seen me before in your life! Didge and Leila, am available to shout for you too!

Seriously though, I do really despair for you and everyone else going through so much, and receiving such poor care. Hope tomorrow/ Tuesday a major corner is turned.

Love to you and Trevor, stay strong,

Nikki

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:24 am

Oh Sandra, I am sickened to read that. I feel so incredibly angry for you both. Wish I could go with you and give them a large piece of my mind.
I feel so horrified for Trevor, I just cannot imagine what must be going through his mind. My Dad always thought the human race cared until now, and sometimes he says now to me, why don't people care anymore. And he only sees a little of it. He would lose faith completely if he saw half of what Trevor did.
Is there anyone that you can complain to? Someone that can try and make sure things are done when they are supposed to be?
If it wasn't for them, Trevor wouldn't be getting weaker, throw that one back at them.

Hope Tuesday Trevor gets relief and this particular nightmare can be over.

Leila xx

Go green sue

Postby Go green sue » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:49 pm

Thinking of both you and Trevor, hoping he gets the care and treatment he needs.
Sue xxxx