A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Sueoliver

Re: Trevor's Story

Postby Sueoliver » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:48 am

Hi Sandra it is unbelievable that you have to wait so long! Is there another hospital you could travel to? I hope Trevor is ok and managing his pain. I feel for both of you. Take care. Sue xxx

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi Sandra,

Really sorry to read about Trevor. He is really going through it. I find it absolutely shocking that you have to wait so long. As others have said, can you go to another hospital. Surely the consultant can email something, somewhere??

Pleased Trevor is still eating and drinking ok, that is very important. His mental state must be unimaginable, and it must be heartbreaking for. That is should a hard part in all this, for us relatives and loved ones.
Thinking of you both.

Leila xx

Didge

Postby Didge » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:43 am

Sandra, just to let you know I am thinking of you and hope Trevor is hanging on in there waiting for his appointment. Lots of love, Didge xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:06 am

Hi Sandra I hope everything goes well tomorrow and Trevor has his stent fitted. Once it is done I am sure he will start to feel better.
Take Care. Love Sue xxx

SusannaUK

Postby SusannaUK » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:47 pm

Dear Sandra,

I've just read your last post. I am so sorry that Trevor is in such a big pain. This is just so hard for both of you. I hope tomorrow will go well and Trevor has his stent fitted.
I am thinking of you.
Love,
Susanna xxx

RLF

Postby RLF » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Good luck for today and I hope Trevor's pain calms down after the stent is fitted
x

J_T

Postby J_T » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:24 pm

hoping all goes to plan. x

jay

Postby jay » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:00 pm

hope everything has gone well
love Jayne
x

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:54 pm

Hi Sandra,

How did it go today? How is Trevor? Please let us know when you are up to it.

Thinking of you both.

Leila xx

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Thanks for all your lovely comments. On Wednesday at 10am I checked that there was a bed allocated for Trevor for Thursday ready for the stent procedure today, and everything was fine, at 10.30am the Dr that had booked everything for us, rang to say the procedure was cancelled as the chief radiologist had requested a MRI scan, but unfortunately the Dr had checked and there wasn't an appointment for a MRI available until late next week. I was really really upset to say the least, but then half an hour later, the sister from the ward Trevor was being admitted to rang to ask what was going on, when I explained she said it was all totally unacceptable and to leave it with her. Another 30 mins later the scan department rang and offered us a scan for yesterday. The ward sister then rang back and asked us to call to see her on the ward after the scan. which we did, and she arranged for us to see the professor's registrar today. So we went to the unit today and were told they can more than likely fit a stent, so T had bloods done ready for being admitted on Monday, we were about 5 minutes from home when the mobile rang to say could we go back to the unit as the had missed one of the blood tests, so we had a snack then went back again. But honestly the staff at the unit have been absolutely fantastic, they really go the extra mile, so now I am just waiting for a phone call to tell us what time to go on Monday. So hopefully T should be having the stent finally fitted on Monday or Tuesday, so fingers and toes crossed please, love to you all sandrax xx

PSThe registrar thinks that Trevor's bile duct is not completely blocked as his bilirubin levels are just over 200 when she was expecting them to be in the 400s, so even though he is so very tired, and a lovely yellow colour, he hasn't had the dreaded itch I'm glad to say.

J_T

Postby J_T » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:57 am

Hi sandra, sounds like the sister on the ward at least has something about her but I still think the wait is deplorable. I can tell you that if Trevor did have the itch you would have punched somebody by now. I am SO pleased to hear that he doesn't! Really hope everything goes to plan on Monday.

Julia x

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:10 am

Hi Sandra another wait I feel for you and Trevor! Fingers crossed everything goes to plan on Monday.
Love to you and Trevor. Xxx

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:42 pm

Hi Sandra, you simply could not write a story like this! It is however good to see that someone cares and is proactive on your and Trevor's behalf. Good luck with the stent!

Steve
X

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi Sandra,

Has Trevor had the stent put in today? Hope he is ok, if he has. Please let us know.

Leila. Xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:42 am

Hi Sandra hope everything is ok and Trevor has had his stent. Thinking of you.
Sue x