A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
nikkis

Re: Trevor's Story

Postby nikkis » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:40 pm

Crossing my fingers for you Sandra, you have certainly had a tough time recently. I am glad to hear the professor was so certain that the lump was nothing to be concerned about, but one less thing to worry about doesn't really make much difference when you have a dozen other things that are stressing you out, does it?
Love,
Nikki

wackywacky

Postby wackywacky » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Well if its not one thing its another with this B nothing runs straight forward but we keep marching forward keep strong and thing about you both x

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Hi Sandra, just checked my notes and my bloods were fine for the first 5 cycles, but cycle 6 was delayed for a week as my Neutrophils were low. They were fine a week later and have been ever since, with cycle 11 starting tomorrow. I gather this is not at all unusual.

Steve
X

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Hi Sandra,

Pleased the lump wasnt anything serious. One less worry of your minds. Good luck for Monday, I too have fingers crossed for you.

Leila xx

jay

Postby jay » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:21 am

Just to let you know Sandra im thinking of you and Trevor
love Jayne
x

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:18 pm

Thanks for that Jayne, hope you are doing ok xx Trevor had his treatment on Monday 20th, in fact like you Steve the neuts were back up to 6.1 without treatment, but the Professor decided it would be better to give him just 3 of the injections to help his bone marrow recover, to make sure he could have the next treatment on time. The doubled injection of Atropine did work it stopped the cramps, but after about an hour of the double infusion of Oxalyplatin and Fluorouracil he had another reaction, sweating profusely but without a temperature, and feeling generally unwell. They stopped the treatment, put up a flush, and called the doctor.and after a break of about three quarters of an hour, they started it up again, but slowed it down even more, he was having it slowed down over 3 hours from the normal 2. Thank's Steve by the way the 3 hour does help the neuropathy a great deal. So it was then slowed down to over 6-8 hours, so we at the unit until 6.40pm, from 8am for bloods, but it worked, and that's all that matters,we left and went to Macdonalds on the way home as he was starving!! He has still not been too well over the last 2 weeks very tired, but has picked up now, and its treatment again tomorrow, then scan on 13/11 and results on 17/11, then we will know wether it has worked again and if he can carry on with treatment. We are going away for acouple of nights for our 46th wedding anniversary on the 16th I am hoping it might take our minds off the impending results. love to everyone take care sandrax

SusannaUK

Postby SusannaUK » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:03 pm

Hi Sandra,

It's good to hear from you. I hope the scan result will show that the treatment works for Trevor and he can carry on with it.
My husband had the same reaction on Oxalyplatin at the first 3 chemo. He was sweating so much, his clothes and hair got completely wet and he said he felt like he was in the Caribbean. He didn't have temperature either.
Congratulations on your anniversary! I hope you will enjoy your little holiday and it will take your minds off these medical things.

Take care,
Susanna x

Bowie

Postby Bowie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:47 pm

Dear Sandra, I hope Trevor gets a good result. Many congratulations on 46 years, fantastic. We're at 34, the longest out of all our friends and family, most of them are on their second or third marriage. We feel lucky and hope to celebrate loads more. Hope you have a good time. Fiona X

jay

Postby jay » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:28 pm

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary Sandra, and sending you loads of luck for the 17 th.
Im okayish, seems to be getting harder rather than easier but Jessica keeps me going

love Jayne
x

nikkis

Postby nikkis » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:29 pm

46 years, that's wonderful Sandra, hope to manage to get away and enjoy it,
Nikki

J_T

Postby J_T » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:27 pm

Congratulations on your anniversary Sandra and Trevor!

Good luck for the results too.

Julia x

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:22 am

I hope you have a wonderful Wedding Anniversary...46 years WOW ! Love Sue x

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Hope you have a wonderful anniversary and that Trevor is feeling better for it. I hope you both have such a lovely time. Hope you can both try and forget, and just enjoy each other.

Leila xx

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:03 am

Thanks everyone, we are looking forward to our break.
Even though it was Trevor's "bad weekend" we went to a Macmillan fundraising function last night, we stayed until 10.30pm and even had a dance! while we were there we were invited to late Sunday lunch today, so we were out again. Its good to see him feeling so much better, so hopefully we should have a nice couple of days, before the dreaded scan results on Monday
take care sandrax

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:58 pm

Well the scan results were neither good nor bad really, tumours had shrunk slightly, but tumour markers were in the 7,000's and hadn't come down after 4 more sessions of Folfirinox, I persuaded the Professor to let Trevor have a 5th treatment before the Oxaliplatin was removed, After 2 more treatments of leucovorin, 5-fluorouracil and irinotecan we saw the professor again yesterday. He informed us Trevor's liver count is rising, not falling as it has done before when he has been on treatment, he allowed treatment, but Trevor has to have a scan before we get to know what happens next.
The thing that was so worrying was the Professor's whole demeanour, he is usually so upbeat, but he was very subdued, checked T's tummy, said everything felt ok, and even arranged an ECG as T had been feeling a bit light headed, and dizzy. It came back ok, and because, he had the ECG he had his treatment in a bed so he slept most of the afternoon away, while I worried which I know is a pointless exercise but couldn't stop myself.
Trevor is still well, not as well as he was but still doesn't complain of pain, he has lost a stone in weight since he restarted treatment in mid September, but still has a good appetite, again not as good as it was but still good.
So now we wait for a scan date, when we get that we ring the professor's secretary to make an appointment to see him, so hopefully it won't be too long, not the best start for the New Year but it could be a lot worse.
Best Wishes to you all for the New Year love sandrax XX