A forum for advanced pancreatic cancer issues

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Dandygal76

Re: Totally in awe of my wonderful Husband!

Postby Dandygal76 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:34 pm

It is always a bit scary PW - I am right there with you tonight but nothing to google yet! x

Dandygal76

Postby Dandygal76 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:36 am

Hey PW - any news. I hope you have had better news in the night. x

Marmalade

Postby Marmalade » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:56 pm

Hi PW, Hope you have been able to rest a little, I'm sure I would puncture an air bed! I also hope that your hubby is more comfortable.

Just as an aside or little diversion I can tell you that when my daughter was training in a big London NHS hospital seriously ill patients used to be packed off from private clinics in taxis to their A&E department with a vast array of life threatening problems. Let's hope there will be something left of the NHS when the private sector fails in further.

Wishing you and your husband a more peaceful night and the strength to face a new day. xx

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:00 pm

I am going to be sleeping at the hospital tonight. Will update when more is known. Xx

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:38 pm

Correction. The pseudonomas was not found in his urine sample a few days ago but in his sputum sample from over a month ago, yep over a month ago when he first developed problems walking.

And no-one saw fit to try and treat it with the right antibiotics at the time. Great huh? Especially to be told on Tuesday that clinically nothing was wrong with him.

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:40 pm

And now look at him. Fighting for his life and just about as weak as weak can be this side of the divide.

Paige

Postby Paige » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:04 am

How awful PW, nothing I can say to make this better, I am thinking of you. Xx

boa

Postby boa » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:13 am

Hi PW, thinking of you and your hubby. I know exactly how you feel. It is not easy for anyone. Catherine

Wife&Mum

Postby Wife&Mum » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:02 am

Hoping that your hubby's condition improves and that he's more comfortable today (and that you therefore have a better day too). Love, W&M xx

Dandygal76

Postby Dandygal76 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:06 am

Let us know when you can hun. Thinking of you. Dad is pretty ill as well and it is a helpless feeling but at least (I Hope!) we have not had negligence added to the mix. I can understand your anger but stay strong and deal with the rest of it when you come out of the other side of this. x

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:14 pm

What a night. When I get home I will tell the story. He was a very naughty hubby last night! Effects of the medication but he was asking me things like remove the bottom of the bed and got really angry with me when I said I couldn't!

I think it's pretty evident he's not coming home and I'm heartbroken. How long it takes is anyone's guess so I don't know what to do. I want to be here every minute of the day for him but he's not sleeping and he's so demanding you can't leave him alone for 2 secs. I am exhausted and need to sleep but can't leave him.

For those on the other side of the divide, what did you do because you can't be in 2 places at the same time xx

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:24 pm

Dg tell me how your dad is? Xx

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:01 pm

PW, so sorry to hear your news,
I stayed for 5 nights at the hospital oncology unit, they gave me a room as soon as it became apparent that Trevor was so poorly, and I stayed with him until he settled about midnight then snatched a few hours in a proper bed. They promised they would come and get me if needed, but to be honest he wasn't that poorly yet, but I still wanted to be there as I felt I would sleep better knowing he was just a few doors away and not a 30 minute drive away. Then when we moved to the hospice I stayed with him in his room 24/7 we had a single bed and 2 relax chairs, I spent the first night there in the bed, but then spent the last 2 nights in a chair at the side of his bed so I could hold his hand, so he knew I was right there, the boys also spent the last 2 nights there too.
Its such a difficult time, you must go with what is right for you, Trevor slept/or was in some kind of coma for the last 72 hours, but was aware when I wasn't actually physically touching him, as he seemed to be restless when I wasn't there (like in the loo or showering, or getting breath of fresh air), when one of our son's would take over, they both noticed it.
Your hubby is obviously much more unsettled but you must get some rest, I could nap during the day at the hospice, as you said no one knows how long it will go on for, and obviously I don't know how far away you are or what facilities they have for you. at the hospital.
Sending you love and strength to help you through, just wish I could do more, love sandrax xx

boa

Postby boa » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi PW you can't be in two places at once. Different people will have different views but I went home to sleep. Unfortunately you don't know how things will go so you just have to do your best. I'm so sorry for this and send you warm wishes. Catherine

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:07 pm

Hi PW,

Sorry to read this also. This disease is totally relentless.

To answer your question, I guess it is a very individual answer. When Dad was in hospital I stayed with him. Everyone and everything else could wait, they would be there later, Dad wouldn't. The hospital wanted me to leave overnight, I refused and laid on the floor all night. The then realised I was going no where and brought me a fold up bed. I left Dad only to go to the toilet, and even then, I would have had to be totally desperate to go. The only person I thought of was Dad.
Thinking of you. These are very tough times.

Leila xx