A forum for advanced pancreatic cancer issues

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
scoobymandy

Re: my husband of 2 weeks with weeks to live

Postby scoobymandy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:52 pm

Today i lost my husband at home in a very painful way my heart is torn apart with grief all i can imagine that hes out of pain and suffering it took him to quick and sudden my love and pain will never go away.i though i could cope with weeks to live not days 3 weeks tomorrow i would of been married to the best man on the earth my life has been destroyed

jacqui

Postby jacqui » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:15 pm

Oh Mandy, I can't believe this evid disease has taken your husband from you so quickly and all too early. No words can express how sorry I am and I don't think any words can really help at the moment apart from you are both in our hearts and prayers tonight xx

KATB

Postby KATB » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:23 am

Mandy I am so, so sorry to hear this news. My heart goes out to you and I'm thinking of you.
K
x

J_T

Postby J_T » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:23 am

So sorry to hear your devastating news. Too soon.

x

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:34 am

Mandy

I am so so sorry. This is such terrible news. You poor thing.

We're thinking of you and you are in our hearts.

xxxx

LindaH

Postby LindaH » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 pm

Dear Mandy,

My heart goes out to you and your family. As you say, he is out of pain, but how sad. If only doctors could have acted quicker....we don't know, but I feel maybe if I had been treated quicker I may not be in the situation I am in now.

This disease is awful, truly awful. Something has to be done to stop all the premature deaths, it's so unfair.

Think of you
Linda xx

Bee

Postby Bee » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Mandy, so sorry to hear of your loss,
Thinking of you
Bee xx

DRAD3

Postby DRAD3 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:37 pm

So, so sorry to hear your story, Mandy. My husband was also just 46 when this hideous disease took him but I had much more time to come to terms with what was to happen so cannot imagine how you must be feeling - my heart aches for you. I hope you have family and friends around you at this awful time. Sending you love and strength.
Deb x

Sueba

Postby Sueba » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Mandy
Really really sorry to hear your sad news,it truly is a hideous disease.
My thoughts are with you and your family.
Sue
X

yorkypaul

Postby yorkypaul » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:04 am

Dear Mandy. I am so, so sorry to read your sad news. I hope that you have a support network of friends and family who are there to support you. Sadly, I know exactly what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Big hug,
Paul

louiepc

Postby louiepc » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:26 pm

I am so very sorry to hear your devastating news, my sympathies and prayers are with you at this terrible time.

xxx

karen17

Postby karen17 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:40 pm

So So sorry to hear such sad news.
My thoughts are with you
Karen xxx

ucyocho

Postby ucyocho » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:44 pm

So very sorry to hear your sad story, I have been in tears reading it. This disease is so cruel it seems to take some people so quickly, my mother lasted 7 weeks and I thought that was no time at all. Please try not to have any regrets about how things went with the hospital. I beat myself up everyday for not getting them to pull there finger out but in reality it probably would have made little difference at the stage they were at. Try and take care of yourself. X

scoobymandy

Postby scoobymandy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:34 am

It has only been a week since my husband passed away in my arms. I will never forget how this disease has destroyed my life in ways I can't explain our lives have been destroyed and the pain will never go. He has left a massive hole in mine and my children's lives why he was taken so early we will never know and all we have now is memories and a funeral to say what we need to say r I p to my husband/father and step dad Pete xxxxx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:01 am

Dear Mandy,

So very sorry to hear this news. Please accept our sympathies at this traumatic and heartbreaking time for you and your family. Yes, this is a very cruel disease. I know that you have found some support from the forum family on here, who all do a fantastic job of supporting one another. (Thank you all).

Please do contact us on support@pancreaticcancer.org.uk if there is anything we can do to help.

Kind regards,

Support team.