Missing my Clint so much

atomlinson29

Tomorrow it will be 2 months since my husband Clint went home to be with the one and only True God. Thanksgiving was hard,the first month he had been gone was hard, and Christmas was even harder. I wonder how tomorrow will be? Then after that his 40th Birthday would have been next Friday on January 24th. Oh Lord I miss him more than anyone could ever understand. I never dreamed I would be a widow at 30 with 2 children. How do people ever move on from this. Clint was and is my one and only.He was one of a kind. Its gonna be a ruff month

I can only say, having been left a widow in my 30s 25 years ago with 3 children under the age of 6, that I got through it by talking to him whenever I wanted to, concentrating on my children and spending time with good friends regularly, even when I didn't feel like it. Gradually new happy memories are formed without him instead of all your memories including him. Time does lessen the pain and there are always good things in life to come. You will grieve for a long time but there will be laughter too if you let it happen. Thinking of you x

You have the priceless gift of the strong faith you both shared and will no doubt take great comfort from this as Clint will always be with you. "For I am with you even unto the end of the earth". I do think that the presence of a loved one who has died mirrors to some extent a parent's with a child. Initially it is constant and totally physical but as the child grows and becomes less dependant the presence retreats a little until, as is the case now with my two adult children it becomes more invisible but is nevertheless always there. It is as if they know how much support is needed in the early days and gradually step back to let you live again. He will always be there whenever you need him, a bit like "Footsteps in the sand".

Love and Peace

Mike