Defractinib with VS-6766 trial experience

Helenm

Hello,

I realise this is a relatively new trial, but we wondered if there is anyone on here with experiences of being on the defractinib with VS-6766 for pancreatic cancer trial?

My Dad started it a couple of weeks ago but already one of the side effects is making him seriously question whether to continue. It would be good for us to talk to anyone who has experienced the trial and its side effects, if there is anyone! We understand there are only 3 hospitals/centres in the country offering the trial for pancreatic cancer and he is the first at the centre he attends.

• 3 months later...

Just to let anyone know who might be considering this trial.  My Dad managed just 2 months on the trial before the side effects were just too much to bear. With hindsight, he wishes he hadn't joined the trial.  It has been disappointing for us all, particularly as I managed to find the results of one doctors trial that suggested some good responses.