Not Knowing

Ada

My lovely  husband was diagnosed with PC tumour on tail with metastases in liver and lungs his was given Pallitive Chemo June 2021 gemcitabine and abraxane twice he became neutropenic horrendous diarrhoea he was in hospital for two weeks at a time they put down his diarrhoea to the chemo ; it wasn’t till he had a CT scan which showed tumours were shrinking it showed he had diverticulitis and small hole in his bowel on both times he was given antibiotics via midline in a diffuser which I change every day for six weeks chemo is not given till he has finished it ; Another scan has shown liver tumour has grown and new one on the lungs so another six weeks before chemo can start again ; it’s so heart breaking to watch all this happen to my lovely man  ; Has anybody else been it this awful situation? Blessings to you all who are doing their very best to care for someone 

I have Ada in caring for my brother,  I'm thinking of you and sending you my wishes, and support for you at this sad time. 

• 1 month later...

Dear Ada, just wanted to reach out to you and let you know your not alone. My lovely mum (77), has been chasing some form of treatment since her diagnosis back in July 21. After her disappointment at being turned down for the Whipple at the end of October her focus then was Chemo. This meant waiting until middle of February to get a successful biopsy finding exact cancer type before they could commence treatment. The week before chemo she was rushed into hospital with a massive prolapse of her bowel, needing life saving surgery and ending up with a Stoma. It’s been a living nightmare, trying to remain positive when so much is being thrown at her and stopping her receiving Chemo. She is so poorly now I’m not sure if it will ever commence. Hence me being on this forum at 3 am looking for what I’m not really sure.

This is a very cruel disease and caring for our loved ones going through it is heartbreaking, I hope you have someone to give you a big hug, I’m thinking of you x

9 hours ago, Lornacath said:

Dear Ada, just wanted to reach out to you and let you know your not alone. My lovely mum (77), has been chasing some form of treatment since her diagnosis back in July 21. After her disappointment at being turned down for the Whipple at the end of October her focus then was Chemo. This meant waiting until middle of February to get a successful biopsy finding exact cancer type before they could commence treatment. The week before chemo she was rushed into hospital with a massive prolapse of her bowel, needing life saving surgery and ending up with a Stoma. It’s been a living nightmare, trying to remain positive when so much is being thrown at her and stopping her receiving Chemo. She is so poorly now I’m not sure if it will ever commence. Hence me being on this forum at 3 am looking for what I’m not really sure.

This is a very cruel disease and caring for our loved ones going through it is heartbreaking, I hope you have someone to give you a big hug, I’m thinking of you x

Bless you it’s heart breaking to hear how your lovely mum has had to go through such awful times I wish I could have a magic wand to stop the nightmares our loved ones are going through: ; I am still waiting for latest ct results until then my husband is still on antibiotics and oncologist has now given us a appointment in three weeks so we can sit down a discuss next form of treatment has the chemo he was on hasn’t really worked and caused bowel trouble! So I don’t know what is happening it’s like being in a Big Black Hole ; sending you hugs ✨