Should I go see my GP with PC symptoms?

DizzyD

Hi all I am a newbie hear....many thanks for accepting me on this site. I have not been diagnosed with PC but have some symptoms and I am not sure if I should go see my GP. On a conscious level I don't want to waste his time, but being honest on a subconscious level I am really afraid of the outcome. You see, unlike all you wonderfully brave and strong people who have been diagnosed with PC and are being treated for it, I'm really don't think I would want any treatment if I was diagnosed with PC. It goes without saying, but I will say it anyway, What's the point in seeking a diagnosis if I don't intend to have any treatment? Anyway I don't have all the symptoms but here are the symptoms I do have.

Past five months....pale loose, floaty, fibrous stools...difficult to flush. Bowel movements became more frequent throughout the day about 3 weeks ago which is usual for me. Last week, on my first trip of the day to bathroom my entire bowels emptied out,(more orange in colour, not pale) diarrhoea like, still with fibrous floaty bits, but I did not have tummy bug. Horrid smell. Same happened two days later. Gone off food now. Slight nausea but no vomitting. 

Past 12 months.....unexplainable pain behind front bottom of left ribs along with continuous upper gut discomfort, along with intermittent severity of pain in back behind ribcage. Very disturbed unsettled sleep due to constant discomfort in ribcage area.

Eyes gone quite yellow.

Strange intense itching under the skin along my jawline and up into my left ear. (Drives me crazy...cannot get relief because it's under the skin)

Fatigued but unable to sleep. 

Lack of energy.

What do you think?

Sincere thank you in advance for any feedback

Hi DizzyD, 

I haven't been diagnosed with PC but I am fearful that I have it and I am currently undergoing tests. I'm sorry that you have found your way here and that you are experiencing some really unpleasant and uncomfortable symptoms. I would definitely approach your GP. You will certainly not be wasting a GPs time at all and they would want to see you. I know that you're afraid of the outcome but there's a chance that the worrying and fear will only intensify if you try to avoid dealing with it. 

You didn't say how old you are DizzyD? If you feel happy to share that. 

I am sure that someone with more experience and knowledge will reply soon. I have found the PCUK nurses on here to be amazing and they have emailed me a few times already. You can contact them directly on nurse@pancreaticcancer.org.uk

Ultimately, if you are questioning it enough to post on here then it sounds like you would like some support and, whether that is through your GP or not, that is your decision.  

Take care,

SunshineH

On 1/27/2022 at 6:15 PM, SunshineH said:

Hi DizzyD, 

I haven't been diagnosed with PC but I am fearful that I have it and I am currently undergoing tests. I'm sorry that you have found your way here and that you are experiencing some really unpleasant and uncomfortable symptoms. I would definitely approach your GP. You will certainly not be wasting a GPs time at all and they would want to see you. I know that you're afraid of the outcome but there's a chance that the worrying and fear will only intensify if you try to avoid dealing with it. 

You didn't say how old you are DizzyD? If you feel happy to share that. 

I am sure that someone with more experience and knowledge will reply soon. I have found the PCUK nurses on here to be amazing and they have emailed me a few times already. You can contact them directly on nurse@pancreaticcancer.org.uk

Ultimately, if you are questioning it enough to post on here then it sounds like you would like some support and, whether that is through your GP or not, that is your decision.  

Take care,

SunshineH