Thanks for sharing your experiences . . .

Justamo

Good for you Mo, a change of scenery will hopefully do you the world of good, if you can work around the procedure. How are you feeling today? Still a little sore? Don't worry about money or having to sell anything...have you not got one of those special trees that grow at the end of everyone's garden? I've had one for the past 21 years. Apparently.

Night night xx

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justamo

• Veema

• Dandygal76

• Proud Wife

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mo,

I meant to catch up with everyone last night but then fell asleep on the sofa... you know the one where you wake up a 2am and feel really achy and hard done by of a proper bed. I am sorry you was feeling poorly. What a relief it must have been to have a clear MRI scan. I hope you are continuing to feel well and that you enjoy your trip away before you have to settle into the chemo routine on planet PC.

It is great when the oncologists can be positive and make you feel hopeful. There really is nothing worse than some really negative inputs. We just want all the options to make informed choices and I thinks sometimes they can do this in a pragmatic way without twisting the knife as they go forwards.

When they do the 'biopsy' they may just take a scrape but if you want profiling of any sort to see if other drugs can help then you may want to push for a full biopsy. I am not sure this would be a path you both take but I just wanted to put it out there just in case so you can an adequate sample on the NHS.

It is nice to know you are in the right place isn't it - there is far too much limbo up to the point of actual treatment. I really think they need to buck their ideas up around diagnoses to treatment.

Did you manage to find a nice butch bag for Peter? A man bag, haha, I am not sure I would get dad to carry one

I have been so busy that I have barely had time to read the posts, let alone respond. But I have landed back on Planet PC now so will hopefully be back to my usuals.

xxx

Thanks DG, V and PW.

It's a funny thing, but while I was in hospital not reading my Kindle (actually reading the same page over and over), I wasn't the slightest bit concerned about me. A blessing, really, when you think what other people go through. It was as though it was all happening to somebody else and I was quite detached from the ultrasound and the MRI procedures. My only concern was getting out again to continue my mission of running Peter's life for him.

And do you know what ? He managed to run his own life perfectly well without me. Perhaps it's a lesson I needed to learn. I feel alright, just a little bit sore around my middle so I kept it very low key in the pool yesterday and will do the same again today.

The cat is another kettle of fish. Or cat. He flounced away from my pats when I got home, swished his tail contemptuously when I spoke and indicated that either counselling or prawns were required. Prawns did the trick (Outrageous when you think about it, but he only had 4 and Peter had the rest) but we are playing Happy Families again so all is well. Peter seems very content. He read, but did not retain a scrap of, the Chemotherapy Information for Patients leaflet. I won't push the subject, he claims he can give informed consent so we'll leave it there.

Poor darling cousin is in a bad way; she spends a lot of her time in tears. Having cancer made me very angry, it just seems to have completely floored her. In a way I'm dreading going to see her, but I might not have the chance again so I have to take it now before she gets worse or there are more pressing calls on my time here. Her partner is very protective; I think individual support might be more helpful that seeing all the practitioners together but it's not a suggestion that I feel able to make. Partner is running things and I don't want to antagonise her. I think she's the angry one right now.

Must stop before this turns into One Of Those Posts.

DG : I understand about the profiling but will leave things to Dr Feelgood. The Man Bag is impressively butch, I think it's meant for terribly important tools and instruments and I got it out of Maplin. After thoughtful consideration by My Patient it was deemed acceptable and holds his jelly babies and Lucozade and crisps and blood thingy quite beautifully. He looks like an important engineer so is quite pleased with himself. He should really have a hard hat on to complete the picture but doesn't want to spoil his hair.

Take care

Love Mo

Wouldn't you just pigging know it ? Further endoscopy/biopsy thing now scheduled for 17th November - the day I fly to see my cousin. Or actually, the day I don't fly to see my cousin because I've just cancelled and re-booked the flight for the following day (no refund for cancelled flight of course) and re-booked the car hire. For some strange reason 2 days car hire is dearer than 3. Not sure how that works out, but it's only money after all.

Let the record show that today I cleaned the stair carpet. I had to work off my stress somehow and the aquarobics class this morning didn't do the trick. The stress isn't bad enough to make me clean the oven. Yet.

Take care

Love Mo

I have a feeling that the honeymoon might be over. On Wednesday Peter complained of a lot of pain just beneath his lowest right rib, in his back. On Thursday a letter arrived from the Radiology Dept at the hospital asking him to phone for an appointment for a CT scan. I rang, and they had suddenly had a 'cancellation' (I think these sudden cancellations are hospital-speak for URGENT BUT DON'T ALARM THE PATIENT) for today - Friday. On Thursday he also had an appointment for a flu jab, so we went to his GP for the Practice Nurse to do her bit. He winced when he took his jacket off, and explained to the Nurse that he had 'a sore rib'. She gave him his jab and then persuaded him to speak to the duty doctor at the earliest opportunity which was the same afternoon.

Doctor examined him very carefully, thought that the sore rib might be due to practising his golf swing, but prescribed a slow release pain killer to complement the tablet he is currently taking (Shortec - Oxycodone). When we told her he had a CT scan today she said she would ring the hospital and get them to include his ribs and lungs in the scan.

So we've been for the CT scan today. Peter has been complaining of being cold all day which is a bit like the way he was when he first got ill. I asked his oncologist about the CA19.9 numbers, so he included it in the last blood test. I don't know what they were because we haven't seen him again yet, but why a CT scan out of the blue ? And the pain from his right rib ? And the shivers ? And the funny little cough that he's been doing lately - in his sleep as well as during the day ? And no appetite for dinner this evening - the planned savoury mince & mash stayed in the freezer and he had sushi instead. He's terribly tired, too - the England/Scotland football is on the telly and he hasn't seen any of it - just went to sleep as soon as he sat down. Mind you, it's been a messy sort of day, fasting for the scan, reporting there an hour before the time so he could drink the contrast liquid, battling against a fierce wind to and from the car, and getting his insulin and blood sugar all out of whack because of the fasting.

I daresay I am being paranoid, but this awful disease has a habit of catching you unawares and everything seemed to be going just a bit too well. He has an endoscopy ultrasound thing next Thursday, I go off to see my cousin on Friday (I hope, but of course will cancel if necessary) and then the chemo should start the week after that. I just have a bad feeling about the way things seem to be heading. Probably my over-active imagination . . . . .

An observation. Why do some hospital staff add " .. for me" to every request. "Just pop over here for me", "Can you pop into this gown for me ?", "Can you drink this toxic waste for me ?". This particular woman was very arch and busy busy busy. She moved the patients around like one of those tile games you had as a kid - you know what I mean, one empty space and you have to shove all the little tiles round to make a word. I could think of quite a good word this afternoon. I make no comment, merely offer the question for your consideration.

Take care,

Love Mo

Darling Mo,

It could be the beginnings of a cold and his damn golf swing or it might be a step change in the journey. Which of us can tell? The rules are the same, treat the symptoms as quickly as possible and try not to be too hard on each other. The hot water bottle in a towel was our friend on many many occasions and it gave us both a diversion.

I am told by the doctor daughter that Oxycodone is a lovely drug because it kills pain and lifts the mood making one feel better so you may have been seeing the effects of some good drugs up to now. There are better pain killers and other combos which work well together should they be needed later. He can still take paracetamol which works differently to his morphine and can be quite a big help.

The problem is always the weekend. Most GP's switch to 'out of hours' service which is fairly useless until you are fully embedded with the district or community nurses, and even the hospice staff go onto skeleton staff and an advice line rather than concrete help. That leaves hospital A&E which is not really satisfactory. For what it is worth my advice is to speak to your GP about some back up drugs such as oral morphine, anti nausea drugs and laxative sachets. You may not need all or any of these but they won't go off, well not for a while and you would have them at hand if they were required. I have always felt that being prepared pays dividends in peace of mind and faster response times.

I hope that Peter is now wrapped up warm and cosy and that you will get some rest. The roller coaster is relentless, up and down, up and down. I am praying for an easy ride this weekend and for your fears to be unproven.

Much love M xx

Yes, Marmalade. That is exactly why I come on to this forum. Kind, caring people who have been through exactly the same scenarios, give or take a swear word here and there who respond to my histrionics. If you said 'roller coaster' to anybody else they would think you were being a drama queen. But all of you know exactly what a roller coaster means, and how you can go from positive to negative in the space of five minutes.

I have a little stash of drugs tucked away, Marmalade, including laxatives which work for My Patient, and which he will use without protest. I also have a stash of spare painkillers up my sleeve. He was wrapped up warm and cosy and asleep until a few minutes ago when I heard his phone going - probably my step-son, talking about the football. I don't know, or care, who won.

Almost time for the bedtime blood test and insulin - I don't know where the evening has gone !

Take care,

Love Mo

Hey Mo,

I missed your message last night. How is your patient today? I agree with Marmalade that it is hard to tell what is causing what and as much as you dread it is PC, it could be an infection as well.

If it is any consolation it seems when the illness is more serious the appointment system does seem to change once you are in the system. We work much more on next appointment set at the desk, over the e-mail or calls. I have noticed this shift so please don't be too paranoid around that. I am not sure they would fib about a cancellation and we have also had some pretty quick appointments that surprised us. When dad phoned with his eye / brain thing they were quite frank over it and why it needed to be urgent and just left us worried for the weekened (not their fault - I just want the point I don't think they would mislead you).

At least you managed to get the CT scan expanded to the right areas so you don't have a waiting game on it all. The waiting is the worst.

I assume you have been checking his temperature etc but please bear in mind that around 20% of infection does not show a high temperature so you have to trust your instincts around this.

When do you get the results?

It is funny what things irritate us... I have heard people with pet hates on the words such as 'journey' as well. I also do get a little annoyed if there is too much of a patronising tone around dad but he doesn't seem to mind.

The worst thing I find is I am sure there is some funny bloody karma out there that allows these issues to start, like infections, and every time it peaks the worry on a Friday once the GP is closed.

How is Boris, he seems a tad quiet among all of this?

xxx

Thanks DG, My Patient is quite well today, the pain in his rib area is subsiding, and, on reflection, perhaps I was being paranoid about the exceedingly early appointment. I do know that it is a tactic adopted by that unit though: when I was first diagnosed with cancer they phoned and said "We've had a cancellation for Friday, can you come up then", so I did, and they couldn't find my name, so I suggested that I had a cancellation spot, and somebody said "But we didn't have any cancellations", and she was shushed up by the senior medic. It was the same when he first saw Mr Bogeyman. Bogeyman's secretary phoned and said, "We're putting an extra clinic on this week, can you pop up at 2 pm tomorrow?". There was no extra clinic, it was just Mr Bogeyman nipping out of the ward for ten minutes.

You see, that's the beauty of this forum: I am sitting on a Friday night, tired out from spending the day waiting in waiting rooms doing nothing, worried, scared, imagining all sorts of dramas and not daring to let Peter see how I am feeling. I jot down a few lines about it and almost immediately I get a response full of good sense and kindness. And then the following day a rational, reasoned reply giving me a few more reasons not to be paranoid. I don't think we'll get the results until we see Dr Feelgood at the clinic on 22nd November. I feel quite pragmatic about the results; it won't change the course of action which is chemotherapy.

I have equipped the First Aid Kit with a rather glamorous new thermometer which you just point and press. The other one was an old mercury one which probably should have been condemned 50 years ago. I might record the temperature in his notebook which has blood readings, insulin doses, and diet. I don't think he would even notice me doing his temp if he was asleep.

Yes, Boris is a tad quiet. He's picking up on the atmosphere despite some boisterous games with his laser pointer (called 'DotCom' because he chases the Dot). His appetite is OK and he's drinking plenty so I'm not too worried.

Take care,

Love Mo

And that's the thing, Mo. It's so easy to get scared (which is basically what you are), get reassured by those who have been there and done that and then calm down. You know that whatever happens now (and we all hope this is just a bump in the road) we are all here listening and empathising. You (and Boris) are not alone.

Love

Sandie

I'm more astounded that he had to go an hour earlier for the scan to drink the contrast liquid...Nige always had contrast scans and they just injected it into him right before the scan...maybe they are 'constrasting' different things...

I've everything crossed, Mo, that this is just some nastly little virus that's making him feel a poorly.

Vx

He got injected as well V. We don't do things by halves here. It's not a nasty little virus that's making him feel poorly, it's a poorly little virus that's making him feel nasty. He hasn't got a temperature and he ate a huge supper (Venison Stew, but I sloshed some red wine in and called it Venaison Bourguignon). I had a boiled egg.

He's done swearing at the telly all evening, Boris has done sleeping and I've done sitting in my study pretending to work but actually drinking tea and playing Mahjong to stay out of his way.

He is currently sitting up in bed wearing all his medals on his T-shirt in order to watch the Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall and I am just about to go and shove a needle into him. Hard.

And now you are all going to hate me because I'm nasty to the sick and infirm and I'm a rotten carer.

Love, Mo

They can be grouchy can't they Mo? But, let's take that as a good energy level sign that he has time to pin medals and have a full repertoire of swear words available. Chemo is only 10 days away now so hold on tight for it and it will come before you know it. I do hope you get to see your cousin and get to spend some time away. Some 'me' time before it becomes all about squeezing things around chemo will be good for you.

Of course we hate you for being so nasty, and to a medal achieving military man! Only joking... even though they are ill they can still be complete pain in the ar**s. I am not joking either, In January when dad was diagnosed I never thought I would reach a time I would be stomping around the house wishing my dad would go home and stop creating chaos in my house. I phone my mum to moan about it all and she is there bragging with her music blasting out clearing up her house and glad he is messing mine up and out of the way. It is surreal how things have reverted to some normality (and long may it continue). I am sure we will regret these thoughts one day but there is only so long you can stay in a state of perpetual clinging to them for dear life. Life must go on and to be honest... normal is nice and precious whilst it here.

Don't be too hard with the needle, you wouldn't want to damage the equipment now. x

Same here, sometimes it can get really difficult with my husband. I'm his only carer as we don't have any children, and his only son from his previous mariage has carcinoid cancer stage 4 and is in worse shape than my husband.

I sometimes just wish to have one week of "normal" life, that would mean either him not being sick, or a week just to care for myself, whithout him. He can get really nasty sometimes, but what to say? He wasn't like that before, cancer changes us all, we're only human. When it gets too hard, I try to tell myself : "this shit could have happened to you", and my anger at him, at cancer, fades a bit.

Have been in bed for the 3rd day with a nasty migraine, my cats are sick too ( some cold for one, and gess what? Pancreatic disorder for another one). The oldest cat has vanished since Monday, probably died somewhere. They try to blackmail me like Boris ;)just to get luxury food and pretending being more sick than they are :) so we are all in bed having a rest.

My patient has always been a nice man, but since cancer he got really angry at times, and I'm his favorite victim. He feels depressed but doesn't accept councelling or medication.

That's (cancer) life I guess.

Have a nice Sunday

Pat

Yes, being ill doesn't automatically turn you into a saint. I remember absolutely shredding somebody who phoned about repairing our fridge when I was having treatment for cervical cancer. I think it was just after the 24th daily radiotherapy treatment and my parting shot was, "any chance of fixing this before I die ?". I'm not very proud of that.

Peter is more cheerful today, taking painkillers as instructed by the GP rathen than on a sudden whim. Of course, he's now constipated, despite all my warnings, and I'm not saying "I told you so", just feeding him sinister little sachets as directed by GP, and which he should have been taking all the time.

What a great day you are having Pat. Migraine, everlasting caring and bolshie cats. Dandygirl and I believe in the therapeutic effect of strong drink and bad language. Might be worth a try ? We don't have assistant and deputy carers either and I've asked my stepson to come and stay while I dash off to see a dying relative on Friday. Either he and his dad will get on, or Peter will throw him out, but my journey is unavoidable.

Good to have a moan, isn't it ? I feel better already. Lance Corporal Peter has now taken command of the bathroom so things are looking up here.

Take care. Love Mo

PS : He's not really a military man. He talks airily of "When I travelled in the East", but that was when he did his National Service in Malaya, hence the medals. One of them is for doing jungle Patrols and the other is for being the right age to get conscripted in 1950. He won't be publishing his military memoirs any time soon.

I remember fairly early on, not long after diagnosis, Nige was being a right pain in the ass, moaning about everything...moaning at everything, mostly me and Phoebe didn't get any peace either and I shouted at him...really shouted at him...his retort was 'it's alright for you, you're not dying of cancer'...'very true' I told him, 'but I'm the one that's going to be left behind, the one that will have to deal with three grieving kids whilst also dealing with my own grief...I'll be the one that has to live the rest of my life without my best friend, my soul mate, my lover...and im the one that's no longer going to be financially looked after, not going to do all those things we planned, not going to grow old with the person I loved most in the world.' He was much nicer to me after that.

I'm crying now, because writing that just makes me see how bloody true it is...and at the time I ranted it all at him, I never really thought we'd get to this point.

Sometimes it's hard to have patience...we're only human after all.

Vx

You know what ladies sometimes a good shout!!! is needed, it clears the air, trouble is its so easy for us all to feel sorry for ourselves, patients carers and grievers too. And in a way we are right, to feel that way this disease is so £$(^^" (I have been to church today so I shouldn't blaspheme) its all so scary and unpredictable, no wonder you worry mo when your "soldier" feels unwell. I too am feeling sorry for myself as it will be our Wedding Anniversary later in the week would have, should have been 48 years, but just have to remember all the happy times I suppose don't feel very happy though, take care ladies love sandrax xx

Pat my dad went through a very hard stage with mum and he was very difficult to live with but fortunately he did take the medication to relieve his depression. It seems as they get older they just get stuck in their ways and with your hubby in his 70's I am sure he is very old school when it comes to these modern medications. If hubby is otherwise well, and will only sloth in front of tv etc whilst you are gone, then is there not a friend you could go to a spa weekend - they are everywhere and you could be very local. We all take it out on our nearest and dearest unfortunately. Just know you can always have a good vent here with us and we will get it.

I don't know why Mo but I found your comment to the fridge repair man made me laugh although I am sure it was not funny at the time. I am also not drinking - I have decided to have a health kick and not drink for a month so that route is out for me at the moment. I am doing that couch to 5k but it seems more geared towards the couch part right now - I should have waited until spring!

I am glad you have some help and will get to see your cousin, I am sure your hospital stay has given you some assurance Peter and Boris will be just fine.

Sandra - I hope your week is okay... make sure you do something to spoil yourself and take your own advice to remember the happy times. You as well Veema, stay strong my lovely. I am always amazed by all of you and your strength throughout this. x

Mo my lovely, I'm too late now to share my experience with you but I was really sorry to hear you had a blip.

In reply to comments about anger and out of character happenings, I remember one night I had to call 999 as hubby totally lost it (who could blame him) it was all our fault and nothing we could say or do would calm him down. I believe it was a combination of the meds and the illness itself combined with a short dose of reality. It's just such a hard situation for everyone and I too shed a tear with you Veema because you couldn't have spelt out the aftermath any clearer my love.

I'm back on the 23rd, I so hope to read some good news following scan results. And to echo everyone else, it is a rollercoaster but also remember that there will probably be lots of ups and downs and we are all here to help you through as best as possible.

Lots of love xx

I suspect the hard drink being one of the reasons of my migraine :), but will try again anyway, in case it should finally work.

My husband is 74 but looks 15 years younger, doesn't even look sick now. Still active in his pub, mainly in the morning and playing card one or two hours in the afternoon ( just doesn't on chemo days, to tired) . So not really what you would call an old man, but just unhappy, angry and depressed at times. Who could blame him, he is just waiting for things to get worse and death coming to take him.

His son came to visit us this afternoon, his belly is huge, due to a swollen liver, and it's sometimes hard for him to climb the stairs.

His wife is as exhausted as I am. She got angry at her husband the previous week too. Just a lot of negative stress.

For those who have lost their spouse, I would like to tell you : try to have a happy life, those who are gone deserve to see you happy. I hope I put it well, (French speaking)

Hugs

Hi Pat, Your words came out fine. Don't worry about that one on this forum.

Hey Mo.... Your thread is awfully quiet... I assume that means that Peter and Boris's behaviour is exemplary right now. x

Was thinking the same DG but as we know, sometimes there is nothing to say and sometimes its too hard to post.

I, like Dandy am hoping that you are swimming and doing something good for yourself and that Peter is improving his handicap. You don't need to post to satisfy us, we just want you to know that we are watching from the wings and sending you love.

M xxx

I have been under the radar a bit, thanks for asking, but I've been battling some reluctant Santa Clauses who refuse to stay stuck to their cards. One of them even threw the pom pom off his hat and Boo found it and ate it, and then sicked it up in the corner, but everything has been restuck now and all is well. Even Boo. You know when you've lost it when you tidily throw away the bit of card you have been cutting out for 30 minutes and then try to stick the waste bits together again.

Despite himself, my patient is well. On Monday somebody offered to sell him an electric golf buggy that he can ride on, so he went up to have a look at it and decided to 'test-drive' it around the golf course. I waved goodbye, went to get some shopping and then went home to attack the housework. It was dark at 4 o'clock and he hadn't come home and of course I could imagine him having a hypo upside down in the stream with the golf buggy on top of him. He finally came home at 5 o'clock to tell me that he had taken the buggy back, then sat in his car and had a nice big hypo. He had enough sense not to drive, but not enough to phone me and tell me what was happening. We had a very short conversation about his lack of communication, he had his supper and I took my temper out on the oven. Which needed it.

Yesterday he went up to the club again in the afternoon 'for a coffee'. He sat with the Steward and they had coffee and biscuits and with the previous day's events in mind he got in his car in good time to get home before it was dark and had another nice big hypo. 3.8. Quite impressive. He did all the right things, and even remembered to phone me. So last night I e-mailed his Diabetes Nurse with all the details of his bloods for the past month, to see what he could suggest.

One reason for the hypos may be the laxatives. He got bunged up because he decided that he didn't need laxatives, and by the time he realised that he did need them drastic action was called for. The first two doses didn't work very satisfactorily, so he took another three doses all at once with fairly predictable results. I think that every thing he is eating is going straight through him so he is, in effect, overdosing on insulin by not absorbing enough sugar from his food.

This morning the DN emailed back to reduce the insulin a bit, which should sort out the hypos. He went over all the numbers, thinks we are doing OK and pointed out that PC has 'a mind of its own'. There's a new one for you.

So I got my swim on Monday and Tuesday, and today I paid somebody my hard earned money to torture me at an aquarobics class so I feel sore and tired but terribly virtuous. Tomorrow Peter has an EUS, and can somebody explain to me why, in the 21st century, I have to write out his name and address and gender on another pigging hospital form ? Do they have a computer at that hospital ? I've got an old lap top they can have if they want it. And a list of medications ? I've just photocopied the repeat prescription form to hand them (again) - all information that is only a couple of taps away on a keyboard. His name and address and even phone number have stayed the same since last week, and as far as I am aware his gender hasn't changed. His nationality is still the same too, and he hasn't changed faith - he hasn't really had the time what with having hypos all the time.

It's nice of you to wonder why I'm quiet, but really, you know, you should count your blessings. You know how once I start I don't know how to stop and I lapse into logorrhoea at the drop of a hat. Tonight Peter is doing visiting the loo at 20 minute intervals, Boo is doing sleeping (in my bed. inside the quilt cover) and I am doing sitting in my study with my legs crossed desperate to get to the bathroom because of all the tea I've been drinking . . . . .

I used to hear the girls at work talking about their 'Ong Sweets' as though they were the Ark of the Covenant. We are not posh (or rich) enough to have an en suite so there's only one loo and sometimes you just have to form an orderly queue. Does wonders for your pelvic floor, girls.

Right, there we go again, logorrhoea with bells on. Shut up Mo. By the way, Pat's English is a damn sight better than mine.

Take care,

Love Mo

Peter had his EUS today. He can't be absolutely certain, because he was under sedation, but he thinks that the doctor said that the tumour was the same size as the last EUS, which was well over a month ago. And he thinks they got a successful biopsy.

The procedure was scheduled for 13.30. We presented ourselves to the reception desk at 13.00 and Peter was whisked away at 13.25. At 15.30 I enquired, mildly, if he was now in the recovery room and was told that he was just waiting to go in for the procedure. Which means he would have been sitting in a nasty little room for two hours waiting for an unpleasant experience.

I got him back at 16.30, more or less in one piece and we scuttled off home. He seemed to be mildly drunk, but was hungry for his supper and is now doing sleeping in front of the telly. No change there then.

My stepson is coming tomorrow for a couple of days while I whizz off to see my poor cousin and I'll be back on Sunday afternoon. I shall really only have one full day with her but since she's feeling so poorly that is probably a very good thing. I just hope that Peter and Raymond don't have one of their arguments about football . . . . .

Take care

Love Mo

Sorry Peter had the long pre-op wait. It's depressing that we have to interrogate the staff all the time to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen but sadly we do have to keep asking. There is absolutely no reason why you can't wait with him. Hey ho.

Hope your trip goes well, much love, xxx