A forum for advanced pancreatic cancer issues

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
susikus

Re: Update on my Dad

Postby susikus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:49 am

Sending you love and strength Rachel, and thinking of you at this very special time.
Sue

charney

Postby charney » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:20 am

Rachel I am so sorry to hear about your dad, my thoughts are with you and your family
at such a difficult time.
all my love
cheryl
xx

NICOLA

Postby NICOLA » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi Rachel

So sorry to read your recent posts, this is such a mirror imaage of how it was with my mam at the end. I hope he is peaceful at the end my mam wasnt, thinking of you.
Lots of Love Nicola.

DRAD3

Postby DRAD3 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Dear Rachel - so very sorry to hear that your Dad is nearing the end. Wishing that he continues to be pain free and peaceful and so glad that you have been able to say your goodbyes and show how much you love each other. We are here for you, Rachel and are thinking of you and sending all our love to you, your lovely Dad, your Mum and all your family.
Deb
x

louiepc

Postby louiepc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:05 pm

oh Rachel,

I am so very sorry that your Dad is so poorly. He seemed to be doing so well, I had real high hopes for him. I do hope that you get some more time with him, but I know, sadly, that it probably isn't going to happen.

Your girls will be fine, they are such a young age, that things go into a "normal" box, at somepoint down the line, a different "normal" will happen and they will carry on. They love you and want their mummy to be happy, which sadly you are not at the moment, let their lovely cuddles keep you going.

I know my kids were the ones that pulled me through, the reason to get up each day, and to put one foot in front of the other. It is so very very hard, over the next few weeks and months you will have some major emotions going on, please don't be hard on yourself, of feel guilty, although you probably will. You have been a fantastic daughter, no one could ask for more, you have been on this terrible journey with your parents from day 1, you have done everything in your power that you could. You are amazing.

I remember the comfort you gave me when my lovely mum was going through this, it helped so much. I haven't been on a great deal, sometimes I can deal with it, but at this moment in time, things are difficult, coming up to the anniversary of the begining of the end. It's my birthday tomorrow, I feel empty, I don't want to celebrate, but I know the kids and my hub would want me to.

Take care of yourself, and I hope that your Dad is as peaceful as he can be.

Much love.

Louie xxxx

yorkypaul

Postby yorkypaul » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:20 pm

Dear Rachel. I am so sorry to read of your dear dad's struggle with this awful illness. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Paul

rachelqt

Postby rachelqt » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:47 am

I can not believe I am now typing this post after almost 13 months..

My wonderful and brave dad (Noel) lost his battle today at 9am this morning with this dreadful disease. He fell into a deep sleep, just like he wanted.

All I can say is that I am so so proud of him! I will miss him very much, I have a picture in my head of him in heaven, listening to his country and western music and having a big steak and chip dinner!

Love you always Dad!

Rachel xx

yorkypaul

Postby yorkypaul » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:25 am

Oh Rachel I am so sorry. Your lovely brave dad has gone to a more peaceful place and he is pain free as he wished to be. I know how hard this is. I lost my dear mum just 3 years ago. I have not forgotten her, of course. I still have tearful times. I think of her every day, but life is, ever so slowly, a little easier. I now think of her and smile at the memories. It takes ages to get to this point.
That said, i left my love at the hospital tonight, and i can not talk myself into this way of thinking as she sinks lower and lower.....
Please talk to us and share your grief. It will help. I know, I have been there and will, sadly, soon be there again.
Love and big hugs,
Paul

susikus

Postby susikus » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:05 am

I am so, so sorry Rachel. I have read your threads on this forum about your dad and you have been a wonderful daughter, he could not have asked for better. He is at peace now. My love and condolences go to you and your family at this sad time. Please take care Rachel. I love your image of your dad with a huge plate of steak and chips, listening to country and western - what a good mental picture! Lots of love to you, Sue, xxx

DRAD3

Postby DRAD3 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Dear Rachel
So sorry to hear about your Dad. Another sad loss to this cruel disease. He will be so very proud of you too and I am so glad his last days and hours were peaceful. Keep those precious memories to the front of your mind, those that make you smile and they will get you through the coming weeks. Take care of yourself, Rachel and we send you all our love and join you in feeling very proud of your Dad.
Deb
x

laura

Postby laura » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:50 pm

oh rachel, my love and thoughts are winging their way to you, i am so so sorry, but glad dad got his wish, take care of yourself love, as always laura xxxx

charney

Postby charney » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:32 am

I have just come on to the site to see how you are all doing, oh Rachel I am
so sorry to read about your dad, so glad he got his wish and went peacefully, thinking of you all my love and best wishes to you,
cheryl xx

louiepc

Postby louiepc » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:13 am

Rachel, I am so very sorry for your loss. You helped me so much and I hope in turn I can help you. Take care xxxx

NICOLA

Postby NICOLA » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:30 pm

So sorry Rachel, words are not enough to take away the pain. Your dad will always be your Hero x

Ella50

Postby Ella50 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Dear Rachel, I am so sorry to read about your Dad.

Such a wonderful man, he seemed.

Its been 12 weeks since my amazing mam passed with this terrible illness.. I keep trying to move forward.. just take one day at a time..

You were one of the first to reply to me when I first posted about my mam.. and your dads story gave me hope & strength at that difficult time, you helped me alot - & I thankyou for that.

Take care of yourself Rachel

Lots of love

Ella xx