Newly diagnosed 45 yr old mum of 4

Marieb

Forgot to say that I am just back from a week with the family in Ayrshire. The house we rented was right on the sea looking onto the aisle of ARRAN.

Stunning views and lots to do. The kids are out door people so loved walking our dog on the beach, climbing rocks and exploring rock pools and a nearby ruined castle which once was temp residence of Mary Queen of Scots.

A marvellous place for us all to unwind and spend precious time with each other.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marieb

• Didge

• Sueoliver

• sandraW

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Marie what wonderful adventures you are having.you remind me of my husband every day he starts a new project.He has started painting again and he is very good at it,we are lucky that we live on a island ,the sound of the sea and peaceful walks on the beach are very therapeutic ,as Steve says blow the cobwebs away.keep on fighting you are doing great.x

Thanks Sheena, I am returning to art too, adult colouring books whilst getting my chemo, card making, glass painting etc. It really does help and I feel that having your mortality in question allows you to see the world with different eyes.

Reading your thread you are going through a real tough time and my heart goes out to you. Take care X

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just checking in. I am doing fairly well, just finished cycle 8 of 12.

I had my 2nd CT on atuesday and will get my results on Friday. I am very hopeful of another reduction.

I am getting tired and my stomach is not great but hell I am a lot better off than a lot of people on here and I still feel I am fighting hard and have no intention of leaving this life anytime soon...far too much to live for.

I read the other day of a a new treatment being developed in Ulster that sends in Oxygen bubbles coated in drugs and then activated by ultrasound which they feel will provide a 5 fold reduction in tumour size and therefore making surgery far more of a possibility for those of us currently being told its inoperable and therefore terminal.

My plan is to find out more on Friday...either way I will keep fighting in the hope that a cure is sitting in a laboratory dish right now.

Stick in there guys, and take care X

Marie X

Well I got the results of my CT and there is another reduction, 0.5 cm this time.

This was the positive news I needed to spur me on.

I am definitely feeling better than I did when first diagnosed in June and I am not sure if I am kidding myself but I do feel the 11 to 12 months timescale they gave me is wrong. I am now eating much better and have managed to keep my weight fairly stable.

It's bloody difficult and there are days I just want to curl into a ball but I will keep fighting. I really do feel that if I can just keep going long enough that there will be better treatment and maybe even a cure in the near future.

Wishing you all strength, whether you are a sufferer or friends and family supporting someone right now.

Marie x

Hi Marie

I have read your story and it sounds like you are a real fighter. I have joined the forum recently (you will see my thread Ruthus below). I was recently diagnosed with locally advanced inoperable PC over the past few weeks. It has been a terrible and shocking past month. I have two children who are 20 and 18 and I have an incredibly supportive husband, family and friends.

I am really pleased to hear you are responding well to chemo and the tumour is shrinking! I am due to start Florifox chemotherapy on the 14th of December. The tumour I have is only small 1x1.9cm but due to infiltration of portal vein is currently inoperable (small chance could become operable after chemo but is slim chance). In the meantime I am continuing to run and keep active. The Oncologist asked me if I wanted a prognosis regarding lifespan but I said no as I have already read statistics and knew what he would say. There are lots of stories I have read where people defy those statistics and I have been focusing on those!

It sounds like you are doing well and I hope it continues!

Ruthus x

Hi Marie,

That's really good news on your scan results and I am glad you are feeling well. I just wanted to send you a hug and say keep fighting and remain positive.

Love Sue x

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Marie,

Fantastic news, thats great!

Great to hear there was a further reduction - lets hope that the chemo keeps doing a great job, and there are further reductions.

Great that it has given you a boost as well - a good Christmas present.

Jeni, Support Team.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to celebrate my good news with me, it really is lovely to come on here and see these lovely comments from people who know all too well how all this feels

Love as always

Marie x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi my lovely hoping you had a wonderful Christmas and New year .what new adventures do you have planned for 2016,keep on going in the right direction fingers and toes crossed for you x