A forum to focus on treatment related issues and side effects from treatment

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
belgrade

Re: Folfirinox and effects

Postby belgrade » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:31 pm

Hello Brian,
I am so sorry to hear about your wife and understand how you feel, having lost my husband to this awful disease just two months ago. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Take care,
Hilary

nikkis

Postby nikkis » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:09 am

Hi Brian,
So sorry to hear that Michelle has lost her fight against this vile disease. Hope it is a comfort to you that you were with her at the end and she passed away peacefully. Thinking of you and your family,
Nikki

Brian

Postby Brian » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Many thanks Bee,Julia, Hilary and Nikki for your kind words.
Brian

J_T

Postby J_T » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:56 pm

Brian hope you are doing okay and have support around you. Tough times.

All the very best
Julia x

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:31 am

Hi Brian

I am so sorry and sad to hear that Michelle lost her brave battle.

it does sound though that you enjoyed some peaceful and special moments with her before she passed away and I do hope that that offers some comfort for you now.

Thinking of you

Cathy xx

Brian

Postby Brian » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:01 pm

At Michelle's funeral on saturday, we asked everyone to wear something pink or purple to raise awareness of research into breast and pancreatic cancer. Over 250 family, friends, neighbours, work colleagues turned up to pay respect to Michelle.
All of them remembered her as a caring, friendly, strong woman with a cheery smile and a kind word for everyone. At the funeral service my daughter Lynsey and son Andrew found the strength to stand-up and tell of happy memories of their mum. I also was able to say some words and read verses from the poem called 'You'...I think Michelle lifted me out of my seat and was there beside me at the lectern.
Lynsey has set up a 'Giving page' for raising funds for Pancreatic cancer research and it's already at £900.

Brian

J_T

Postby J_T » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:27 pm

That sounds wonderful Brian. Don't how you and your children found the strength to stand up and speak, how lovely.

Well done on the Just Giving to. We raised quite a bit at Ray's funeral and I've been told more donations have been made since.

Best wishes
Julia x

nikkis

Postby nikkis » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:55 pm

That is a lot of people who cared about Michelle. I am sure that is a great comfort to you. Glad the funeral went so well. You must have been so proud of your children and Michelle would have been too. They sound like a credit to you both.
Take care Brian,

Nikki

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:45 pm

Dear Brian,

We are very sorry to hear of the passing of Michelle.

On behalf of the charity, please accept our sincere condolences.

It sounds as though the funeral was lovely, and that the family did a great job - well done in such hard circumstances.

Kind regards,

Jeni.