A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
nikkis

Re: Overwhelmed - husband diagnosed, in hospital - decisions

Postby nikkis » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:42 pm

Absolutely fantastic news, you must be so relieved. Hope you can now have a relaxed evening,

Best wishes,
Nikki

janem

Postby janem » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:35 pm

That's great news you must be feeling so relieved now enjoy your evening and look forward to sharing your evenings at home together soon. I'm sure Molly can't wait to have him home.

Good luck
Nikki

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi Larrybee

Oh fantastic news!! Hope John perks up now and you can get him home and into his lovely new chair.

Cathy xx

EmmaR

Postby EmmaR » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:39 pm

That's Brilliant !! take care and stay positive .
EmmaR x

J_T

Postby J_T » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:30 pm

So pleased to hear the stent insertion was successful. Hope John is soon feeling a lot better and as Cathy says hope he gets to enjoy that chair soon!

Keep on keeping on

Julia x

Janiebobs

Postby Janiebobs » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi Larrybee,
I am delighted that John's stent has been successfully inserted. My Dad's had his in for just over a month. He looks (jaundice has gone) and feels so much better. He has even been up to having some day trips out around the Lakes this week which was not the case a couple of weeks ago!
We are hoping that on Tuesday when he sees his oncologist, he thinks Dad is strong enough for Chemo!
Let us know how John likes his chair! I was wondering about getting Dad one as he currently puts his legs up on their coffee table,

All the best
Jane

belgrade

Postby belgrade » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:53 pm

Hi Larrybee,
Very glad to hear the procedure was successful today and hopefully your husband will feel better soon.
Will be thinking of you both,
Hilary

cestrian

Postby cestrian » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:18 am

Great news!! Everything crossed for John's continued progress. It will be wonderful for you to share some quality time at home and for Molly to have her master there to worship. One of my Jack Russells, much loved Lola, has turned into a Ninjah seemingly able to make herself invisible to sneak up onto my chair or even negotiate two closed doors to end up in bed with me!!

Love and Peace

Mike

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:09 pm

Hi there, Glad John is home again, and Molly will be so pleased, like you too of course, to have him there, lol at your Lola Mike, sneaky little girls those Jacky Russells, we have just bought a Shih Tzu puppy for Trevor, she is 11 weeks, we have only had her a week, and she already cries when he leaves the room !!! but he loves her to bits sandrax

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:35 pm

Wonderful news indeed Larrybee, and of course, we can appreciate that it is all these "little" things which make a difference - something went right, and it changes the perspective a bit.

Well done to John for his endurance, and I am sure that Molly will be faithfully waiting for him. Nice to hear your stories of your dogs folks - they are a real joy. Though Mike, I am glad my greyhound does not try the Lola tricks!

You are all an inspiration to one another, and to us.

Jeni, Support Team.

Larrybee

Postby Larrybee » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:52 pm

What a lovely group of people you are - such great comments; thanks. Yesterday they went back into his abdomen to brush some cells for the oncologist (we shall then see if and whether chemo is possible, and whether John wants it when we go for an outpatients appointment shortly). The best news is that he is coming home tomorrow - after I got back from the hospital today I have been buzzing round like a demented creature, getting his bed ready, packing clothes for him to come home in and, most importantly, visiting the supermarket to buy all the things the dietician says would be good for him. (If I were on a diet, then the enriching diet they have suggested would look like heaven to me!)
So, on to the next phase of this 'journey' (don't really like that expression, but it feels like one!). Have been told the palliative care team will be contacting me when he gets home and I have prepped two large tupperware boxes for his meds - short of a nurse's uniform I am ready for anything! Seriously, though, I know that there will be difficult times ahead and I just pray that I am as strong as so many of you have been. I'll just take each day at a time.

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:12 pm

One day at a time is the only way to go, its a roller coaster journey, the highs and the lows, I never thought I would ever cope,before Trevor was diagnosed I cried over every little thing but now when we get the bad news I find I can be strong, have to be to help them. and I for one like the word journey better than fight. The nurses' uniform might bring a smile to John's face though !!!! sandrax