A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
DRAD3

Re: Newbie, advice and support please?

Postby DRAD3 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:39 pm

So sorry, Sam. Such a sad time for you and your family - I hope you find some comfort in knowing that Anne passed peacefully and that you were able to spend so much precious time with her. She must have felt so very loved and cared for. Your little girl sounds like such a little angel - drying your tears and offering cuddles - that made me smile and cry at the same time. You obviously have a special family, Sam, and I know you will all get through this because of this amazing strength you share and love for each other. Your forum family send their love too and thank you for your lovely message of support.
Take care
Deb
x

Catherine

Postby Catherine » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Sam,

I'm so sorry to hear of Anne's passing but also pleased she was peaceful and pain free. You've done so well and Anne battled hard. She was obviously one very special lady.

Lots of love

Catherine xxx

Sammy-Lou

Postby Sammy-Lou » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi Everyone, I know its been a while since I posted and I wanted to pop back on to see how everyone was!
Anne's funeral went well and although very emotional it was a fitting tribute to a very strong and wonderful lady. We bury her ashes tomorrow, just close family and a few prayers, another hurdle to get over as I'm sure it will be difficult.
Hoping you all see this: how is everyone; Deb, Laura, Catherine, Cheryl, Sue..? Hope you are all doing well? xx

charney

Postby charney » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:03 am

Hi Sammy lou, its nice to hear from you, I did wonder how things went and how you all are. we are fine, each milestone is one more hurdle to cross, it was my husbands birthday on the 17th April and you couldnt help but remember last year with Audrey
doing a birthday lunch, although not feeling all that grand she laid on a lovely buffet.
It still seems so surreal that she is no longer around. She loved her travelling and always wanted to go to Las Vegas so in October My husband, myself, his Sister and brother in law are all going for a few days and will raise a toast to her. my thoughts are with you for the ashes ceremony, love and kisses cheryl

Catherine

Postby Catherine » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:40 pm

Hello Sam

It's so lovely to hear from you. I am pleased Anne got the send off she deserved and hope the ashes went well. I am sure that you and your lovely family will get through the difficult times ahead. I will continue to think of you.

Lots of love

Catherine xx