A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Ellie

Re: Brian

Postby Ellie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:43 am

Thank you all for your kind messages. It is a comfort to know that others are supporting you through your darkest time.

I seem to be coping by blanking out a lot of things and keeping busy but there is a huge hole in my life now. Brian was my husband, soul-mate, best friend and my rock. Always there for me. It feels like it's getting harder each day at the moment.

Keep fighting, all of you. Keep strong and positive.

Love
Ellie
xx

lynbo

Postby lynbo » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:55 pm

Ellie

I know exactly how you feel, I felt the same, still do. Here for you anytime, you take care xxxxx

pamela

Postby pamela » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Sorry to hear about Brian,

Be brave,thinking of you.
Pamxxx

Nardobd

Postby Nardobd » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Was thinking of you today Ellie - just wanted to say that.

Love
Nicki x

lawalsh

Postby lawalsh » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Hello Ellie,

I have logged on to this forum this weekend for the first time in ages. I read your post just now in utter shock, I am so sorry, I really am. You poor thing, what can I say, I'm so glad your last days and weeks together were so lovely and that you had the chance to say all you wanted to say.

God bless, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love Lesley Ann xxx

Ellie

Postby Ellie » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi Lesley Ann

Thanks for your kind message. It was 5 weeks ago today. Seems so much longer....missing Brian so very much. My daughter and son-in-law helped me scatter his ashes off the Dorset coast last weekend. He loved that coastline and I like to think a tiny part of him is going to travel the seas and have some adventures.

Glad to read that your dad is doing well. I am following everyone's stories, just don't feel like posting too much these days.

Still thinking of you all and wishing you all strength and courage.

Love
Ellie
xx

gillvb1

Postby gillvb1 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:50 pm

Dear Ellie

I've been thinking about you and Brian lately and so was very sorry to hear your sad news when I came back to this site.

You'll take great comfort in knowing that you were able to get Brian home for a while for a bit of normality and that Brian left peacefully and without pain.

It was 2 years yesterday for me - it really doesn't feel that long. I'd like you to know that you were my tower of strength throughout - you are a very special person xxx Gill xxx

Ellie

Postby Ellie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi Gill!

It was lovely to hear from you, even though it's not at the best of times - for either of us. I can't believe it was 2 years ago that you lost your dear dad! How that time has just flown, at least for me. It must have brought back painful memories for you. I hope the pain has softened over those years, although I know it will never go away.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad I was of some help or support to you during your difficult times. I hope you, your family and your mum are getting on ok.

Lots of love and a hug

Ellie
xx