A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
sandraW

Re: Dealing with Mum's diagnosis...

Postby sandraW » Fri May 06, 2016 7:48 pm

CLM hope the visit to the hospice went well, ours is beautiful with lovely gardens, and the staff are amazing, I hope you were happy with it, and you can get mum there soon.
Had to smile when you said she said to stop nagging her, good that she's still keeping you on your toes.love sandrax xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Sat May 07, 2016 8:47 am

Hi CLM,
I hope you get your Mum into hospice they are truly wonderful places. My Mum told me I was obsessed by creon and told me to stop going on!
Thinking of you at this difficult time,
Love Sue xxx

CurlyLittleMiss

Postby CurlyLittleMiss » Sat May 07, 2016 1:33 pm

Afternoon all. Well everything moved rather quickly yesterday! Dad and I hadn't even left to go to look around before they phoned to say they had a bed available today. We are currently sitting in her room with a cup of tea while she's snoozing away.

It's all very peaceful here and the staff are lovely. We've already had the dr in and two or three nurses have been in to see her. Mum looks far more comfortable here than she did in the bed at home. We were joking just now saying she must be able to tune out our voices as she doesn't stir when we talk but her eyes shoot open when it's a new voice!

CLM x

boa

Postby boa » Sat May 07, 2016 2:37 pm

CLM, so pleased to hear this. I'm sure your Mum is very comfortable. Hospices care for everyone involved so you will all feel peaceful. Catherine

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Sat May 07, 2016 4:07 pm

Hello CLM

That's pretty much perfect as perfect can be when in this position. Please keep us posted.

Thinking of you and your very brave Mum xxx

CurlyLittleMiss

Postby CurlyLittleMiss » Sun May 08, 2016 7:27 am

My beautiful, brave, strong Mum passed away at 12.30am today. Dad, my brother and I were all with her as she finally gave in and went to sleep.
CLM x

boa

Postby boa » Sun May 08, 2016 8:04 am

CLM
I'm so sorry to read this. I'm glad you were all able to be with her. Catherine

jay

Postby jay » Sun May 08, 2016 8:24 am

I am so sorry
love Jayne
x

Wife&Mum

Postby Wife&Mum » Sun May 08, 2016 8:28 am

CLM, I've been following your posts and want you to know that I am terribly sorry for your loss and wish you and your family sincere condolences. I hope you derive some comfort from the thought that you've been a fantastic support to your parents and that you will carry your beautiful, brave, strong mum in your heart forever. Love W&M xx

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Sun May 08, 2016 10:02 am

CLM, So sorry to hear that you have lost your lovely mum, to this truly devastating disease, but am glad you were all there with her, when she passed. Throughout all your posts your love shone through not only for your Mum and Dad, but the rest of your family too. Your Mum will never leave you, she will be in your heart and mind forever, and one day you will smile again when you think of her. I am sending love and strength to you and all your family on the next stage of this terrible journey, please take care love sandrax xx

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Sun May 08, 2016 12:06 pm

Dear CLM

I am so very sorry to hear that your very, very brave mum has passed. When I read your very first post, I could totally understand where you mum was coming from. I had hoped that you'd all be given a lot longer than the time that you had, after her shock diagnosis on Christmas Eve, after making such a difficult and brave decision not to have treatment.

I don't believe your mum could have wished for better support, you did your utmost and when I see a curly wurly in a sweetie shop I will think of you all.

wishing you all the strength in the world xx

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sun May 08, 2016 8:00 pm

So very sad to read another family has been broken to this disease.
Thinking of you and your family in the very tough times ahead.

Leila xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Mon May 09, 2016 3:50 pm

I am so sorry to read that you have also lost your wonderful brave Mum. I am sending you love and strength for the times ahead. Having lost my Mum in January I am here for you if you need to talk as is everyone else who post on this wonderful forum.
Sue xxx

Didge

Postby Didge » Mon May 09, 2016 5:29 pm

Sorry to hear the sad news - hope you can take some comfort that your mum's struggle is over now and that you were all there with her at the end. Didge x

sheena

Postby sheena » Mon May 09, 2016 8:50 pm

So sorry for your loss thinking of you x