A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
allyc1

Re: My Dads diagnosis

Postby allyc1 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:17 am

thank you Leila, my dad takes pregabalin too. He is unwell with a chest infection and still has pain in his back. He has swollen ankles and the McMillan nurse mentioned it could be a sign of heart failure! He feels so poorly and depressed its just heartbreaking to watch. He is at the local hospice to see the Dr so see how it goes
Alison x

allyc1

Postby allyc1 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:54 am

My dad is still in a lot of pain and the Drs are debating what to do. He went to the local hospice on Tuesday and he hasn't really spoken much since, they were asking him about organising his funeral and would he like to know when it's the end! Why do people have to keep reminding him? He knows he is dying and only has a short time left he doesn't need to be told all the time! I spoke to his palliative nurse and explained this to her and she is going to speak to him on Fri. I just don't understand why it's being said all the time, the poor man's head must be ready to explode, he hasn't said 2 words since and he has shut himself away in the bedroom.
Alison

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:53 am

Hi Alison,
How is your Dad? I'm not surprised he is quiet maybe he wasn't ready to talk about funerals! Some people do not want to discuss it and they should be fully aware of that!
Keep supporting him you are doing an amazing job. It is so hard isn't it so many twists and turns!
I have been a bit complacent recently but came back down to earth again yesterday after my stepfather spoke to me. My Mum is very good at hiding things from me! I suppose it is still that protective mother coming out!
Anyway stay strong and at least we can support each other on here.
Love Sue x

allyc1

Postby allyc1 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:02 am

Hi Sue

Thank you. It really helps to know people understand what your going through. It's the hardest thing I have ever had to do. My sister is taking it really badly and I feel as if I have to be strong. My dad is deteriorating daily and he cannot really eat anymore, he is just having ice cream and yoghurts. He went into hospital on Fri for some fluids and help with nausea as he wasn't really drinking, but I know its getting worse and its heartbreaking to watch.
Thanks again
Alison x

jay

Postby jay » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:06 am

Thinking of you all Alison
love Jayne
x

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:02 pm

I know how you feel. Stay strong and take care of yourself as well.
Love Sue xxx

Marieb

Postby Marieb » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi Alison

I don't know what to say other than that I understand how you feel having lost my mum last year. The palliative care was fantastic but it is so hard to watch the person you love deteriorate in front of your eyes, you feel so powerless. Whilst being strong for others, please remember you are important too and allow yourself to release the emotions you need to.

I hope your dad is feeling better, take care X

Marie

sheena

Postby sheena » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:31 pm

Dear Alison I hope you are feeling ok .So hard to watch a loved internecine so sick, please take care of yourself ,love and hugs xx

allyc1

Postby allyc1 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:49 pm

My brave dad passed away last night after being diagnosed almost a year to the day, he has suffered so much and has never really being free of pain! He was a fighter to the end and we are glad he is no longer suffering, I thank you all for your support and I wish you all well as I understand what each and every one of you are going through
Take care all my love Alison xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi Alison,
I am so sorry to hear your news that you have lost your lovely Dad. Thinking of you at this very sad time.
Take care,
Love Sue xxx

Didge

Postby Didge » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:34 pm

So sorry to hear the sad news. My Rob had a lot of pain in the last few weeks and it is hard to watch. I hope you can take some comfort that your dad is out of pain. Love Didge x

sheena

Postby sheena » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:16 pm

So sorry Alison hope you are holding up ,sorry your dad suffered ,at peace now xxx

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:51 pm

Alison, I am so sorry to hear of the sad loss of your lovely Dad, this is such a wicked disease, as you say he is now at peace and free from suffering. I am sending you love and strength to you and all the family for the next part of this horrible journey. take care sandrax xx

Marieb

Postby Marieb » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:25 pm

So sad to hear if another wonderful life lost to this terrible disease, thinking of you, take care xxx

jay

Postby jay » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:13 am

I am so sorry Alison, thinking of you,
love Jayne
x