A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
sandraW

Re: Steve's story

Postby sandraW » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:06 am

Hi Sheena,
That's great news, long may it continue, sandrax xx

sheena

Postby sheena » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:56 pm

Ty Sandra it's such a blessing .Steve is amazing and our family is so supportive.our grandson 3 asked Steve if he could go to the beach as he is the only one that can dig a big hole bless him.Steve said I promise you we will dig the biggest hole ever and we might even get to Australia lol.Noah then replied but pops we can't go there I will miss my Nanny to much bless him.I so hope he gets to do this .x

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:35 am

Sheena, that's lovely, the grandchildren are amazing aren't they, My youngest Granddaughter who is 7 has been staying with me. We lost my Mum (Nana Spana) nearly 4 years ago, and our dog Daisy a couple of weeks later, suddenly out of the blue, Sara asked why did Nana Spana and Daisy have to die she was quite upset so I explained they where poorly just like Granddad and the Drs couldn't make them better so they died. Her answer was "I know about Granddad, I cry for him all the time, today I am crying for Daisy and Nana Spana" I told her we didn't want her to be sad and to think about the happy times she had spent with them, we chatted about them for a few minutes and she soon started to smile again. Perhaps she remembers them more here as I have quite a few photos of Mum around,
Tell Steve he had better get his strength up and get his bucket and spade out ready for that "hole" its good to have family support it all helps to keep you going, take care sandrax xx

sheena

Postby sheena » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:16 pm

Just a quick catch up.Steve hasn't had a good weekend feeling sick and swollen feet and ankles.has been asleep for most of Sat Sun .today Monday he has at least got dressed but has laid around in bedroom all day.I'm wandering if his stent is becoming blocked as he has had it for 5 mths,do they need replacing ?

J_T

Postby J_T » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:18 pm

Hi fatigue is a common problem. I think if his stent was blocked his urine would be dark again and start to get jaundiced.

Hope Steve starts to feel a bit better.

Julia x

kittycat

Postby kittycat » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:15 am

Sorry to hear that Steve isn't so well. I find it really is a roller coaster ride with no 2 days the same. Hope things improve soon.

Sue

sheena

Postby sheena » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:55 pm

Hi all sorry not been on for a while .Steve had a little holiday with his mate went to Cumbria then down to Manchester to see his son and grandchildren.missed a chemo session but oncologist said it was fine to.He had an amazing time but says that will be his last holiday,he is talking very negative now we're as before he was positive.has managed to maintain his weight and apart from sleeping a lot looks really well.love to you all and hope everyone is keeping well xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:33 am

Hi Sheena,
I am so glad Steve had a holiday and enjoyed it. I suppose we all have down times even when we don't have this dreadful disease so hopefully he will pick back up again. It is good about his weight as so many struggle. Try and stay positive and take care.
Love Sue x

kittycat

Postby kittycat » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:53 am

Hi Sheena, glad all is going well for you - it sounds as if Steve is doing well and enjoying life a little. Take care.

Sue

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:59 pm

Hi Sheena,
Just wondered how Steve is doing, hope you are both ok, take care love sandraw xxx

sheena

Postby sheena » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:40 pm

All good at the moment see oncologist on Tuesday ,not that he ever says much .still eating well and maintaining his weight ,hoping he carries on in the right direction but aware how things change so quickly hope you are fine love and hugs x