A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Lisa Kelly

Re: Bad news

Postby Lisa Kelly » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:02 am

Didge,

I am so very sorry for you all, I have no words that can bring any "real" comfort.
Just know that people (strangers) are here (virtually) to listen and show genuine compassion.

((((Hugs))))

Lisa

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:15 am

Hi Didge,
How is Rob? I've been thinking of you both.
Love Sue x

Didge

Postby Didge » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:41 am

Thank you everyone. I spent my birthday yesterday at the hospice where he was taken on Monday. He is pretty out of it with the drugs but still in a lot of pain when he is more 'with it'. It is more than 70 miles away from me so am going to struggle to get there every day. I really don't think being in any hospital or hospice is the best thing for him. He likes to do his own thing at home so I am still hoping that he might get out. He doesn't think he will though. My thoughts go out to all of you if you are having bad days right now - and for those who are having better days, embrace them wholeheartedly and enjoy them! x

jay

Postby jay » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:04 pm

hugs Didge, pethadine (stuff they give woman in labor,) worked on Jem as iv morphine didn't touch the pain,he was also on buscapan and , paracetamol in a drip, plus the morphine, thinking of you both,
love jayne
xx

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:56 pm

Didge,

I have been reading posts but struggling a bit to post myself, what can I say my love, it must be doubly hard having to travel all that way to see Rob. Our hospice provided a bed in Trevor's room, and two big reclining chairs so the boys and I could stay there, is that not an option for you, or is it not possible for you to stay?
Trevor didn't want to go to the hospice either, he just wanted to go home..... but they were struggling to get his pain relief sorted too, and then the end was so quick, he was only in the hospice for 76 hours.
Just to let you know that I am thinking of you, and have been for the last few weeks, I wish I could remember the name of the extra drug they put in Trevor's syringe driver as well as the buscapan, and morphine, because that made the difference, to him being comfortable.
sending strength, love and hugs to help you through love sandrax xx
Sorry Didge I forgot to send Best wishes on your birthdays, to you both, and I hope you enjoy your "birthday bash" as best you can, even though Rob can't be with you, bloody rotten disease it is %$£!
Last edited by sandraW on Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knutsford4

Postby knutsford4 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:12 am

Omg Didge, I'm praying hard for both of you, life is so horrible sometimes
Hugs and kisses xx

kittycat

Postby kittycat » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:49 pm

Didge, can't imagine what you're going through right now, but our thoughts are with you and Rob. You are such a support to the rest of us and I just pray things with improve soon.

Sue

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi Didge,
Just to let you know I'm thinking of you. I hope you enjoy your birthday bash as much as you can.
Take care and stay strong.
Love Sue x

J_T

Postby J_T » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:49 pm

Sorry to hear Rob is struggling.

Take care
Julia x

Sandra, was it midazolam? That zonked Ray right out.

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi Didge,
Just wondered how you are both doing? Is Rob doing any better?
Hope you enjoyed your birthday bash, as much as you could in the horrible circumstances,
Please post if you are up to it, if not we will look forward to hearing from you when you are ready, just to let you know I am thinking of you both, take care love sandrax xx

Didge

Postby Didge » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:53 pm

I went to the birthday do on Sat and took some pics for him. It was a nice break. Then on Sunday I returned to the hospice where I have been sleeping on a chair bed in the room. He had a very bad day yesterday completely zonked and unresponsive but is better today. Was supposed to be working today but nurses advised ne against leaving but he has rallied so may make another attempt to leave tomorrow night. Love to all x

jay

Postby jay » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:57 am

Glad you got to the birthday do on Saturday, thinking of you both Didge,
love Jayne
x

kittycat

Postby kittycat » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:42 am

Hi didge, hope you are okay and that Rob has rallied enough to come home. Thinking of you.

Sue

LMD

Postby LMD » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:56 pm

Hello Didge
Just to say, thinking of you and Rob xxx

Didge

Postby Didge » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:54 pm

Thanks. I have worked yesterday and today and will go back to the hospice tomorrow after I have done the Race for Life. He has been a little better but still struggling with pain relief so no going home for now x