A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Didge

Re: Bad news

Postby Didge » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:34 pm

Thank you everyone. A little better yesterday, we managed a couple of drinks in the pub. Yes, Nikki, I would love to have your contact details. And anyone else who wants to contact me, please do. xx

jay

Postby jay » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:05 pm

Glad a little better yesterday and u had a couple of drinks. Jenni has my e mail address if u want to get in touch. Thinking of u both love Jayne

kittycat

Postby kittycat » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:28 am

Didge, I can imagine what you're going through and I'm glad things are a little better at the moment. I agree with what you say about chemo seeming to poke at stick at things but keep trying to think positive. Look after each other!

Sue

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:06 pm

Didge, I am like everone else here so sorry to hear about the latest update. I hope the Fox will help and give you both a little more time. Also glad to hear that the pain is under control. The Hospices are amazing places and will no doubt offer additional advice and assistance. You are such a great source of support on this amazing forum and I my thoughts are often with you both.

Take care

Steve
X

Didge

Postby Didge » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:36 pm

Thanks, everyone. We are waiting to see what the development drug trial possibility is on Friday. And, Steve, I believe it was happy birthday to you for yesterday? Hope you had a lovely day.
Didge x

sheena

Postby sheena » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:44 pm

Ty for your support hope all is ok for you x

Bryansie

Postby Bryansie » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi Didge,
My thoughts are with you, I am so sorry that the chemo has not worked, your sad news has given my brother the understanding he wanted, he declined chemo as it is iminent what the outcome will be.

Once again I am so soryy, I hopeyou can take a little comfort from all of us here.
Sue

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi Didge,

Just wondered how Rob was doing and what was happening with the possible trial?
Hope you are getting by ok?

Leila xx

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:24 pm

Hi Didge

My first time on here for ages and feel desperately sorry about your news.

I'm crossing my fingers very hard for you both that the trial can start and goes well. I know how tough all this is.

Take care Didge

Cathy xx

kittycat

Postby kittycat » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:00 pm

Hi Didge, wondered if you had any news yet. My thoughts are with you - what a dreadful disease this is!

Sue

jay

Postby jay » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:29 pm

Just popped in didge to tell you im thinking of you both,
love Jayne
x

Didge

Postby Didge » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:54 pm

Thanks for thinking of us. We are in the last days now I think. There was no development drug to match him with and he turned down further folfirinox. He said he hid from me some of the worst side effects last time and doesn't want to go through it for what little time is left. Last week we had a nice day out and he was at Silverstone all day Friday for the Grand Prix but was taken into hospital early Sunday morning and they are still struggling to get his pain and sickness under control. I'm struggling to fill the endless hours at his bedside. Watching the Wimbledon scores on my phone instead of watching is not doing it for me but having trouble concentrating enough to read.xx

rsk1974

Postby rsk1974 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:08 pm

I'm so sorry damn this relentless cancer, I hope they sort his pain and sickness and get it under control to be able to enjoy your birthdays, concentration is so overrated.x

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:43 pm

Sorry to hear Rob's feeling unwell Didge, lets hope they can get his pain and sickness stabilized, then at least he can be comfortable. This bloody disease, its heartbreaking, I have been thinking of you all weekend when you didn't post after the last Friday, but hoping it was because things were looking up.
Glad to hear that Rob enjoyed Silverstone though, Trevor watched the race on the hospital TV the weekend before he died we love the Grand Prix.
sending my love and hugs to you both, sandrax xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:08 pm

Hi Didge,
Just to say I'm thinking of you and I really know what you are going through! Tough times for me as well at the moment!
Sending strength, love and hugs your way. Sue x