A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
sheena

Re: frustrated

Postby sheena » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:47 pm

All ok at moment started second round chemo saw oncologist on Tuesday ,not much to say just have scan in 6 weeks time.Steve in good spirits in fact he has been extremely happy ,which is nice as he went through a miserable stage.has decided on DNR as we want him to stay at home if we can.hope all is well with you Leila x

Didge

Postby Didge » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:25 am

I hope you manage to keep him home. That would have been my choice too if it had been possible x

sheena

Postby sheena » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:49 pm

Hopefully didge my eldest daughter and son in law are qualified a&e nurses .So will be able to give drugs etc .my only fear is my youngest 16 not sure how she will cope ,maybe have to stay at friends .Steve is in such good humour we are staying up quite late just chatting about any old rubbish .which is lovely as most of the day I'm either at work or we have visitors.So it's nice to have some our time .hope all is doing well love and hugs sheena

sheena

Postby sheena » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:44 pm

Not a good day today Steve has slept most of it and has swollen ankles and feet .Is this a chemo side affect or just another symptom from p c

WilliamS

Postby WilliamS » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:24 pm

Hi Sheena, my Dad was diagnosed the day before your husband. He has also had swollen ankles and feet, which the doctor told him was part of his ascites - a side effect of the p.c. and unrelated to chemo. Dr just told him to put his feet up on a footstool to ease it. Dad gets very sleepy when his sugar levels are high - is your husband's level stable? Best wishes.

sheena

Postby sheena » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:28 pm

Ty yes sugar levels are around 10 lowest we can get them.Steve has been good over last few weeks ,So bit of a shock to see him like this.Have chemo on Wednesday so Will ask nurses about it then

sheena

Postby sheena » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:20 pm

Just a quick update Steve is doing really well at the moment .He decided he would clean out the loft don't ask me why ,he struggled to get in there when he was well so God knows how he did it now.anyway I was at work and didn't know that was his plan ,the phone rang and in a sheepish voice he said ,you know the photos do you want me to bring them down, I'm like we're are u .in the blady loft you stupid woman were do u think I am.my first reaction was omg get out of there ,which he said I'm ok there's loads of stuff up here I'm gonna sort it out .I couldn't wait to get back home as I had visions of him being stuck up there.anyhow he enjoyed his adventure and was quite chuffed with himself ,I on the other hand discovered that all the rubbish is now piled up in my bedroom waiting for me to choice what I want and what's to be dumped .x

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi Sheena,
How wonderful that he wanted to sort the loft! Must be feeling better! It' something I have been putting off for a long time!
I am so pleased for you both enjoy these times and make the most of it.
Lots of love
Sue x

sheena

Postby sheena » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:19 pm

Seen oncologist today everything has stayed the same weight white cell count cancer markers etc,so we will now do the 4th cycle of chemo scan on October 9th so fingers crossed we have no spread or larger tumour x

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:05 am

Hi Sheena,
That all sounds good, fingers crossed for the 9th love sandrax xx

sheena

Postby sheena » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:37 pm

A bit of a mixed week Steve had chemo today and is fine but has lost 6lbs this week so a bit of a worry as he has been maintaining his weight for weeks. Had bad diaroah at the weekend with bad stomach pain ,but feels ok now.

sheena

Postby sheena » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:54 pm

So it's scan day tomorrow ,this is it the final step ad to whether chemo is stopped or we carry on.the annoying part is we don't see oncologist till 20th for results.I don't know if I want to know or not .hoping things have stayed the same,so we can plod on .if it has grown then chemo will end so no more treatment ,seems like a final ending so sad .Steve has fought this with courage and I'm so scared he will give up if the news is bad .

WilliamS

Postby WilliamS » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:59 pm

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you - let us know how you get on.

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:47 am

Hi Sheena,
Its such a long time to wait to see the oncologist, have you tried ringing his secretary and explaining how worried you are, to see if you can get an earlier appointment. I know we don't like to be a nuisance, but to be honest who cares!! I would give it a try. Hope it all goes well for tomorrow, take care love sandrax xx

sheena

Postby sheena » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:19 pm

Scan done tried to get earlier appointment but was told 2 weeks was norm as they have to get the results.had chemo today and I nearly cried ,Steve thanked them for all they had done,is he feeling something? God these next 2 weeks are going to kill me.He apologised to me for being bossy.says he is frustrated because he can no longer do some things and hates to see me have to do them.on the plus side we are having a Halloween party for all the family never had one of these before .been on Amazon and we bought loads of decorative things .So something to look forward to hope all is ok with you all love and hugs xx