A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
sheena

Re: frustrated

Postby sheena » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:47 pm

Not a good day my youngest was in a car crash luckily only badly bruised, my heart certainly skipped a few beats ,then Steve had chemo so have spent nearly all day at the hospital.surely my luck should change soon .x

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:29 pm

It never rains but it pours Sheena! Sometimes it feels like it is always "pouring" . Take care of yourself as well and I'm glad it was only bruising!
Love Sue xxx

Marieb

Postby Marieb » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:00 pm

Oh no, what a shock that must have been. Thank goodness he is okay.

Marie X

sheena

Postby sheena » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:30 pm

Help I don't think I can do this anymore.my hubby has turned into a monster,he is angry at everything, I can't do anything right .I have asked if he is depressed and can't write what his reply was.He is not sleeping and cleaning the house late at night so I am sure he is tired out but says he isn't.He is frustrated that he can no longer do things and when I offer to help he shuts me down.what can I do it is so upsetting when I try to explain he is being unreasonable he is having none of it.I think he is scared to sleep and is pushing himself to convince himself he isn't dieing .I have spoken to chemo nurse about it and to his closest friend and he hit the roof .what can I do it isn't like him to be like this ,should I just let him rant on and ignore it .please any advice would be appreciated so sorry to be on a downer .x

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:45 pm

Hi Sheena,
I feel for you so much my love, Trevor had a patch of this, but his was earlier on when he was told in so many words that it was terminal. He had a couple of days when he was just the same as Steve, I got upset as you do and we did manage to have a talk and he seemed to get past it. When he was feeling unwell, through his chemo ect, he was often very short with me, what is it they say "you always hurt the one you love"!!
I think you will just have to let him rant, and as you say just ignore it, not easy I know but he is obviously scared (don't know if that is quite the right word) of what is to come, and I understand you are too. But it must be so hard to be in his position, and I am sure you know just how much he loves you.
I used to say to Trevor I know how you feel, and his reply was NO YOU DON'T! and of course I didn't really. Just carry on being there for him, and giving him support as you are, we all went through these times I am sure, but we didn't always post them, so don't think Steve is a monster, he is just dealing with this shitty disease in his own way sending you love and a big ((((hug)))) sandrax xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi Sheena I really feel for you it is all so hard a roller coaster to say the least! I agree with Sandra "you always hurt the one you love. " Awful for you but I am sure he doesn't mean it. Who knows what it feels like to be terminally ill! My Mum is very grumpy and touchy at the moment as well and it is horrible!
Can you walk round the garden when he is like this or escape to your bedroom and breathe deeply.
You are not alone and you can express how you feel on here at least! We do understand.
Take care and count to ten.
Love Sue xxx

sheena

Postby sheena » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:27 pm

Ty Sandra and sue life is so ****.I have sent him to reflexology and he has come back in a much better mood.Have spoken to him again and I think we might have sorted it out .He has one more lot of chemo 3weeks on 1 week off and that's it.we see oncologist on Dec 1st so God knows we're we go from there .I think this was the problem, he had something to focus on and now it's coming to an end .more bad news today my darling mum has kidney failure she is 96 and I'm really worried about her.I just can't wait for this year to end .love to you all xx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:39 am

Hi Sheena,

Sorry to hear about Steve's moods.
Just a question - is he taking steroids at all, such as dexamethasone? If so, these can often cause very bad mood swings, and aggression in particular.

If he is on these, then let the oncologist know about the mood swings, and likely he will have to stop them.
Kind regards,

Jeni.

sheena

Postby sheena » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:56 pm

Ty jeni yes he takes steroids just before his chemo will find out which it is .might be this as he has never been like this

Didge

Postby Didge » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:13 pm

Sheena, my mum had acute kidney failure 2 years ago at 89. She was put on dialysis for 3 months and recovered! I do hope your mum gets better. You could do without extra worry x

sheena

Postby sheena » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:06 pm

So more bad news ,Steve's brother was rushed to hospital this lunch time he had a massive bleed to the brain and nothing can be done for him.Not sure what else can go wrong but I'm certainly not having good luck

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:34 pm

Oh Sheena poor you. what a lot of cr@p you are getting, I hope Steve is feeling brighter, but with all that's happening its no wonder if he isn't. Sending you a (((hug))) and I hope things get better soon love sandrax xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:38 pm

Sheena I feel for you" it never rains but it pours! " We have had some tragedy in our family as well losing my niece and sister in law in the last 11 months! My friend has breast cancer that has metastised to her brain as well! I know how you feel! My mum went into hospital today!
I hope Steve is feeling a little better and the moods have calmed down. He must be upset about his brother. Life is so cruel at times!
Sending you lots of love and I know exactly how you feel.
Stay strong,
Love Sue xxx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:21 am

So sorry to hear this Sheena.

Very tough times for you right now - you know where we are should you need to chat at all.

KR,

JEni.

sheena

Postby sheena » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:53 pm

Just been to say our goodbyes ,I am totally shattered tried to hold it together for Steve's sake but when I saw his brother fighting so hard to breathe I lost it.He looks so much like Steve I was thinking God this is gonna be me soon holding Steve's hand .life is so cruel.they said he actually had a tumour at the front of his brain don't know why this wasn't picked up before as he had been treated for prostate cancer and was doing well.