A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Dandygal76

Re: New member...

Postby Dandygal76 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:22 pm

We are doing similar PW - hoping to go somewhere when the time is right where I can plan emergency route home by car and train if necessary and going out stupidly armed with broad range antibiotics if the GP thinks we can do that. Not ideal.

Veema, I just checked the Nanoknife warriors FB site and the Nanokife professor ablated the lungs and liver of someone on there and he was then clear - he does both nano and cyber knife at the same time (well that is what he said he would do with dad. The Prof is going to sort out mets to my dads liver and they are tiny (well I hope they still are) - just a few millimeters. I am not by any means saying your husband will be eligible but I just know this treatment is available to some, should they choose to explore that option. But even with the treatment, it does not work for everyone. x

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:54 pm

Try cruising DG!! Hospital on board although can be pricey if you have to be air lifted off. Thankfully hubby wasn't and didnt need any medical care. Forgot to say, we too travelled with a broad spectrum antibiotic....just in case. We were advised to avoid long haul, even during hubby's good times, because of risk of DVT.

Veema

Postby Veema » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:18 pm

We're going to France with the caravan, so driving...not even going on a plane.

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:25 pm

You will be fine! Go for it, just remember those E111's but in any event, if you are driving, that's brilliant because you know worst case scenario you can be home in x number of hours. The break should help recharge you. x

Dandygal76

Postby Dandygal76 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:37 pm

Go for it hun... what is the point if you cannot holiday and the quality of life you want. So many options to get home. car, train... last resort from France there are helicopters you can charter to can get from that distance... etc but not sure how much they would cost but I know it is quite common to charter them to get to certain big events.

But, to be honest... loads of people with advance PC go on holiday with no insurance and no probs. You have to weigh up your own acceptable risk. We will get broad spectrum antibiotics and we will just go for it like PW. Please get some meds though and discuss with GP.

As long as there is no imminent danger... Sod it... what else are you supposed to do? I hope you do get to go and have a lovely holiday. x

Judith16

Postby Judith16 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:31 pm

Sending love and hugs,both my hubby and me are on sertraline, I think I will ask for an increase. Hubby is quite serene about it all. Very accepting.

Dandygal76

Postby Dandygal76 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:00 pm

Veema, did you go on your holiday? How are things? x

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:25 pm

Sertraline is brilliant, what dose are you currently on Judith?

Veema, thinking of you x