A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
sandraW

Re: My 41 years old husband has inoperable pancreatic cancer

Postby sandraW » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:10 pm

Susanna, I really don't know what to say,to try to help you. I hope your boys have a nice birthday party, and that they have a lovely day.
I am so glad your dad is there to support you, of course you are scared, this disease is just so wicked. I am sure the hospice will help to keep your husband as comfortable as he can be. Please do cry its perfectly normal, and tears do help relieve the tension, sending love and hugs to you all, wish I could do more to help you, sandrax xx

jay

Postby jay » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:14 pm

Ah Susanna sending you an enormous hug. Dig deep right into your boots and you will find some hidden reserves of strength you never knew existed. Tell your husband everything. Talk about all the good times you had together.
I promised Jem I would be ok and I would make sure our daughter would have a good life. I think this gave him some peace.
Sending you my love and happy birthday to your boys,cant stop thinking about you,
love Jayne
x

nikkis

Postby nikkis » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Dear Susanna,
I am so very sorry. You are obviously a strong lady, with so much love, so as others have said I am sure you will find strength to get through the coming days. I am glad to hear you have your father with you and the good thing about him staying in the hospice is you will have lots of support around you. Best wishes for the boys birthday, and I hope you can all have a peaceful day,
Lots of love,
Nikki

RLF

Postby RLF » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:53 pm

I'm so sorry that it's got this bad, I'm hoping for your sake that you can get through yours twins birthday without anything extra on top. We know that sometimes it can feel like you can't go on, that's normal and we all think it, but you've already proven time and again you can. I'm also half your dad is there for you to help, it's definitely needed. My thoughts are with you all, rob x

rsk1974

Postby rsk1974 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:55 pm

Happy birthday to your twins. I can't even imagine how you are holding it together,spend as much time as you can with your husband, and I hope they can make sure he is pain free. Big hugs.

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Susanna, I can't begin to imagine the pain and turmoil you are going through after recent developments. It must be so difficult with the twins wondering what is going on, but they are no doubt also a source of comfort for you at this unbelievably difficult time. This damned illness is so cruel and indiscriminate.

Please take care.

Steve
X

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:44 pm

Susanna I am so sorry to hear your news . Please take strength from your lovely twins they will help you. I am so glad your father is there with you. This is such a difficult time and this disease is awful. I hope you find strength to deal with this and I am thinking of you. Stay strong and take care .
Love Sue x

Didge

Postby Didge » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:52 pm

So sorry. You know I am nearby and will support you as much as I can in the hard times ahead. x

belgrade

Postby belgrade » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:33 pm

So very sorry to hear this Susanna. My heart goes out to you and your children. This disease is so cruel and you have been so strong. Believe me, you will find the strength that you never thought you had to cope with the days ahead.
Thinking of you all,
Hilary

Bowie

Postby Bowie » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:55 am

Oh Susanna, I am so sorry things are so awful. I hope your Twins had a nice time at their party, it's nice that they have each other. I think it's only those people that have lived through this suffering or watching their loved ones can begin to really understand just how relentless and devastating this disease can be. I hope everything is as comfortable as possible for your husband and you are both able to take some comfort in your time together. Thinking of you all . Fiona X

SusannaUK

Postby SusannaUK » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:48 pm

Thank you for all of you for your supportive words!
He is coping somehow but very very weak. I spend most of my time during the days in the hospice with him and also spend every night with him. I sleep in the hospice too. He can now drink water and clear juice but still not allowed to eat anything, which makes him very weak and he is just so skinny. It is just so heartbreaking to see him like this. He still have hope to get up from this and I don't want to break this. Obviously he knows that he cannot survive but he hopes that he's got more than just days to live.
Thank you for the birthday wishes for the boys. They had a nice birthday in nursery and I spent the evening with them on Thursday, giving them some birthday presents, so they were happy. My husband said that he doesn't want the boys to visit him, but on Friday morning we took them in because he agreed for a short time. After 5 minutes he asked me to take them home. I was so upset because it was nothing as I imagined. But I understand him as well, because he doesn't want the boys to see him like this. Ahhhh, I am very tired, always want to cry. I often do when I lock myself into the toilet. It helps...

Thank you again and I will update you.
Take care all of you!
Susanna x

nikkis

Postby nikkis » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi Susanna,
Glad to hear the boys had a good birthday, and it sounds as if your husband is more comfortable? I can imagine it is very difficult to know what to do for the best re. the boys visiting their Dad. It is obviously good to involve them, so they have some understanding of what is going on, but I can understand why your husband doesn't want them to see him as he is. When Paul was very poorly and in the hospice earlier in the year, he also found it much more tiring when our girls came see him, as he had to make much more of an effort. It sounds like you are trying to get the balance, which can't be easy.

You are obviously such a lovely family, I really hope too that he gets to have more time with you.

Lots of love,
Nikki

brodders

Postby brodders » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi Susanna,
I haven't posted on your wall before. I am so sorry to hear your news. My Mum died 6 months ago from this terrible disease. My father is Hungarian - she taught him English. I do so hope your husband keeps well for longer. You sound so amazing and strong.
love Cate xxxxx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Hi Susanna I just wanted to say I have been thinking of you stay strong and cry when you want to it is a good thing to do. Sue x

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi Susanna.

I can't imagine how hard things are for you right now. You seem to be keeping you all strong. I really really hope you have longer with your husband and that he is pain free. Thinking of you all.

Leila xx