A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
SusannaUK

Re: My 41 years old husband has inoperable pancreatic cancer

Postby SusannaUK » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:25 am

Thank you Sandra!
At the end the doctor called me from the hospital and said to me that there is a very serious situation and he (the doctor) would like me to come in tonight. I was shaking and still shaking. I called one of our friends over to look after the boys and I came in to the hospital. What the doctor said is just heartbreaking. My husband had a scan and it showed that the cancer spread to his bowel, which probably caused the big pain. Also we were told that there is a possible leakage on his bowel which is extremely dangerous. They cannot operate him, he is too weak. They give him now antibiotics and fluid to try to heal the leakage if there is any.if it cannot heal it than it is fatal and he can die within 1 day. I am totally destroyed, heartbroken, he is sleeping now and I am sitting next to him. My sister booked a ticket for tonight for my father, so he will be here by 7 pm today. I cannot describe how I feel now, there are no words...
Susanna x

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:27 am

Susanna this is shocking for you . I am so glad your father is on his way you need support. The hospital will do everything they can for your husband. Stay strong and think of your lovely boys. Thinking of you Sue x

nikkis

Postby nikkis » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:59 am

Hi Susanna,
I am so sorry to hear you are going through this, it is so unfair. Thinking of you, your husband and your little boys today,

Love,
Nikki

Birchen

Postby Birchen » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:18 pm

Hello Susanna
How awful this must be for you and your family. The hospice told us that something had burst inside my husband and that he would not last the day but he defied all the odds and carried on for 5 more days with it seemed little pain or discomfort.I really feel for you and hope that your relatives can be with you through this. Thinking of you Lyn xx

wackywacky

Postby wackywacky » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:36 pm

Fingers and toes crossed everything is ok, thinking of you x

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:40 pm

Susanna, sending you cyber ((hugs)) so glad you father can come over to give you support, I am thinking of you and your husband, and those beautiful boys. Be strong and hopefully things will improve, take care, love sandrax

rsk1974

Postby rsk1974 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:39 pm

So sorry to hear your news, I can't even comprehend what you are going through, big hugs though.x

jules 2015

Postby jules 2015 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi Susanna
Thinking of you at this scarey time, hope you father is there with you to support you at this time. I hope they have managed to get his pain under control too. Sending you a cyber hug
Jules x

elliecopter

Postby elliecopter » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:10 pm

Thinking of you and your family Susanna, sending lots of hugs your way. x

The Isle of Skye

Postby The Isle of Skye » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi Susanna

I am so saddened to hear that. I hope your father is with you soon to give you love and support.

If you can, with this precious time you have with your husband be present with him Susanna. Nothing at all else in this world matters for you both at this moment than to share what's in your heart with him. It doesn't need to be words. Just feel all the love you hold in your heart for him and send it to him. Through your unbearable pain let him see your smile, feel your touch on his skin, your kisses on his face. If he is in too much pain just hold his hand or sit close. Your husband will take strength from your love in any way he needs it, both now or if sadly he passes. It is my belief that we take love with us.

I so dearly hope for you both this isn't the time and just the chance of a beautiful moment shared.

x

Bowie

Postby Bowie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:36 pm

Dear Susanna, so very sorry to hear about the situation is getting worse. Thinking of you all at this time. Fiona X

jay

Postby jay » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:33 pm

thinking of you all Susanna,
love Jayne
x

Annie14

Postby Annie14 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:50 pm

Thinking of you all xxx

SusannaUK

Postby SusannaUK » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:31 am

Thank you for all of you for your kind and supportive words!
Sadly not long left for us. My husband was transferred back to the hospice yesterday. We had a meeting with the doctor in the hospice yesterday afternoon. We were told that because the cancer has spread on his bowel, this perforation can happen again any time. Also they told us that because my husband is getting worse and worse rapidly he has just days left to live. In very best case short weeks. I am just so sad, I just cannot believe it! I love him so much and it is very very painful. He is very skinny and very weak. He cannot eat anything, he still has to rest his bowels, but at least he can drink now. He is in big pain and it is just so sad that now he can go any time.
I am so so scared about today. Today is our twins 4th birthday and I just don't want it happen today!!! They asked him if he would like to go home to die or would like to stay in the hospice. He chose to stay in the hospice. I would like him to be at home but because of the boys I think it is better if he stays in the hospice. I spent the night there with him. I just came home because I have to take the boys to the nursery, they will have their birthday party there. My father is here with us, which is such a big help, I couldn't do without him!
I am just praying for my husband not to feel too much pain and I am going to spend as mush time with him as possible. I will spend every night in the hospice with him.
Today supposed to be a very happy day but I am just so scared and want to cry.
I just cannot believe that it is the end of the road. I am totally heartbroken!

wackywacky

Postby wackywacky » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:10 am

If you want to cry lock your self in toilet and cry, then take a deep breath, and from somewhere you will have the strength to carry on, Happy birthday to the twins enjoy the day the best you can, thinking about you and your husband. This is such a B of a disease x