A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Cathy

Re: Mum's diagnosis

Postby Cathy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi Sue

Just to let you know I'm thinking of you and hope that your mum is comfortable.

Cathy xx

ElsieG

Postby ElsieG » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:50 pm

Sue, thinking of you and your Mum. I know how hard it is for you all. I sincerely hope she can be made comfortable. God Bless you all. Xx

Linda G

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:33 am

Yesterday had a call saying they were planning on getting Mum home today with a care package! Went into the hospital at 3p.m and took one look at her and knew something was seriously wrong! She was grey and couldn't breathe properly! Called the nurse who said she had been fine! At this point everyone came! It transpired the fluid was in her lungs and her heart was erratic! After several scary hours they stabilised her! The DR said the next 24/48 hours are critical!
She had a settled night and the plan is for her to go to Woking Hospice today.
My heart is broken and I'm wrecked! Can't believe it is Christmas Eve!
I do hope everyone out there has a peaceful Christmas and thinking of you all.
All my love,
Sue xxx

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:19 am

Oh Sue,

I am so sorry, your lovely Mum has had nothing but a constant battle. I hope the move to the Hospice is comfortable and I hope the care there is exceptional.

I really have everything crossed that you can spend some time together tomorrow.

This disease is disgusting and relentless.

Thinking of you both so much.

Leila xx

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:53 am

Sue,
All this is terrible at any time of year, but at this time of year its doubly difficult. But what a fighter your Mum is, I hope she gets settled at the hospice soon, if is anything like ours it will be beautiful. I just hope she rallies again and you get to spend time with her over the holidays.
Thinking of you all love sandrax xx

Didge

Postby Didge » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:30 pm

Better to be in the hospice than hospital I think. Hopefully your mum will settle there, she will be well looked after and you can visit whenever you like. Thinking of you over Christmas, love Didge xx

RLF

Postby RLF » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:56 pm

I'm so sorry this has happened and even more today when things are supposed to be so joyous. You're in my thoughts l and I hope your mum is as comfortable as possible xxx

allyc1

Postby allyc1 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:41 pm

Sue

Thinking of you and try to keep strong. It's really difficult I know

Take care
Alison

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:12 pm

Quick update while I'm sitting with Mum in the hospice. Mum is comfortable and not in pain we had a fairly ok Christmas Day! Opened presents with her in the morning. She managed to eat some Christmas dinner. Yesterday and today Mum has mainly slept only talking when you ask her something. She isn't hungry but has managed some soup.
She is on oxygen but no other intervention.
I hope all of you managed to have a peaceful Christmas.
Love to everyone.
Sue x

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:38 pm

Sue,
Lovely for you all that Mum managed to celebrate a bit of Christmas, just sending best wishes love and a big hug to you all, your Mum is certainly doing it "her way" love sandrax xx

sheena

Postby sheena » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:03 pm

Thinking of you so glad you shared Xmas with your mum .sending huge hugs xxx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:59 pm

Quick update! Mum is stable at the moment eating a little and still enjoying a cup of tea! She is fragile and still on oxygen. She sleeps most of the time but does respond when you talk to her.
We have got through Christmas Day now I am praying nothing happens on New Years Day!
This is hard very hard!
Love to everyone,
Sue xxx

Ruthus

Postby Ruthus » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:18 pm

I am thinking of you. It must be incredibly difficult. I hope you can take comfort from the fact that your mother appears to be comfortable (I hope I'm correct in saying that), and also take comfort that you have been there with her every step of this horrid journey. No doubt all your love and support would have been so invaluable and reassuring to your mum. Lots of love Ruth xx

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:43 pm

Hi Sue,
It is so hard, but we just have to do it, no option is there, you have been such a great support to your Mum and she obviously doesn't want to leave you all.
Lets hope your Mum just sleeps and drifts away, she certainly is one strong lady, and at least you can all spend quality time with her, so glad she is not in any pain, sending love and strength Sandra xxx

jay

Postby jay » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:46 am

Thinking of you all Sue, glad your mum isn't in any pain, it is so hard to watch but you have been every step of the way with your mum,
love Jayne
x