A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
LMD

Re: Mum's diagnosis

Postby LMD » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:07 pm

Sue,
You are doing everything you can for your mum. The hospice will take good care of her so please try and get some rest yourself...
It's exhausting isn't it - like you said, this disease is so very cruel. It's good to read that your mum is comfortable (as much as she can be) at the hospice though and that she is mentally strong. I hope she has a better day tomorrow and that you are as ok as you can be too. Stay strong - we are here for you
LMD xxx

SusannaUK

Postby SusannaUK » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:42 pm

Dear Sue,

I'm sorry that your Mum had a hard day. I hope tomorrow will bring a better day. You are doing amazing supporting her! The hospice will take care of her well. It is hard for you, I know, my husband was in hospice quite a lot and when you see that they are so weak, it is heartbreaking. But as I said, you do your best and support her with your love.
I send you a lot of strength!
Love,
Susanna xxx

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Hi Sue,

I know exactly what you mean. Reading your posts, you can read the sadness and desperation for help. I really know how that feels and it is truly horrible. I hope your mum is more comfortable today? Is she able to eat anything?
Sounds like your weekend will be very tough. But you are a great daughter, and I am so sure that your mum knows this. I am sure that she knows, that you are doing your all to help her.

Take care.

Leila xx

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:44 pm

Sue, I am glad you mum is settled in the hospice and as the others have said, at least you can be sure that she will now get immediate care and not have to wait for the GP's. I hope your mum can regain some strength and you can all spend some quality time together this weekend sending love to you all sandrax xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:09 am

Mum had a much better day yesterday after they pumped fluids into her thank goodness. I wasn't feeling very well yesterday and then a rash appeared! Went to GP and I've got shingles! Not looking for sympathy but I really didn't need this! Wonder what else is going to be thrown at me!
A very fed up Sue ! Xxx

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:14 am

Oh no! poor you, they are so painful, as you say just what you don't need but it seems they can be brought on by stress. Pleased your mum had a better day, take care of yourself, love sandrax xx

brodders

Postby brodders » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:17 am

Poor you Sue, take care and lots of love.
Cate XXxx

Didge

Postby Didge » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Oh, Sue! do hope they've caught in time for the anti virals to work! Pointless to say rest and relax, isn't it? But try to find some time to take care of yourself xx

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:47 pm

Life really does have a habit of kicking you when you're down Sue. Glad however that your Mum had a better day after getting fluids.

Take care

Steve
X

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:26 pm

After a very up and down weekend Mum has been sent to the local hospital today for an endoscopy and consultation. They are wondering if her stent is blocked even though it was clear on the scan at the beginning of March! Don't even know what to think I've been told so many things! She will be back at the Hospice either tonight or tomorrow so let's see what they say!
Sue x

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:52 pm

Hi Sue,

Some good news there for your mum. I know endoscopies aren't nice, but they are finally doing something. This should have been done long ago. It just isn't right to mess with peoples emotions like this, especially those of someone with pancreatic cancer. I hope so much that you don't have a long wait for the results. In a good way, I hope it shows something, so they can do something and get your lovely mum back home.

Leila xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:51 am

Mum went to the local hospital on Monday. They have taken an x Ray and said there is fluid around the pancreas which they may drain! No endoscopy yet! She only saw a Dr once yesterday. They are only allowing her sips of water and no food. Yesterday she told me she hadn't washed or cleaned her teeth as no one had helped her! She managed to get to the toilet on her own thank goodness she didn't fall. I knew this would happen if they sent her to hospital! I asked to speak to a Dr but apparently he wasn't available! I phoned the hospice when I got in but it is out of their hands now! She will probably lose her bed in the hospice as well because the general hospital are taking so long! It was supposed to only be 24 hours!
We are now in a worst situation than before! I just don't understand any of it!
No wonder I've got shingles...talk about stressed! Sue x

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:02 am

Sue, don't go there your poor mum, in much the same situation here. Its all so frustrating, I know they are busy at the hospitals but the level of care is so bad, sending you love and a big ((hug)) love sandrax xx

wackywacky

Postby wackywacky » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:14 pm

Hi Sue really hope they get your mum sorted, hope she is still having fluids pumped into her, sips of water and no food in my experience means they are going to do something thinking about you love wacky xx

Didge

Postby Didge » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:10 pm

my man nearly came a cropper in general hospital a few days ago when they gave him heparin while his platelets were low even though he told them they should not do it. the oncologist went mad when it was discovered. he discharged himself that day as he didn't trust them not to kill him! do hope you get your mum sorted soon Sue x