A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
nikkis

Re: Creons, Nurses, and Here. I'm at a loss.

Postby nikkis » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:38 pm

Leila,
Just reading your post and what you said about your boyfriend trying to take the reality of the situation. Men (I apologize for the generalisation here), always think if we are upset they need to give us a solution and fix things for us, I suspect that is what he is doing. Paul has done that in the past about things that have upset me, but once I explained I just needed him to listen, not give me solutions, we were both happier! Might be worth a try,
Nikki

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Last edited by Fifi on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:14 pm

.l
Last edited by Fifi on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:46 pm

Oh Leila, what a terrible position to be in, is there no-one who can go and make sure your father is ok, it must be scary for him to have diarrhea for so long, as for wether or not -you should call an ambulance, if you are so worried and he has no-one else to help then perhaps you should, take care sandrax

RLF

Postby RLF » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:19 pm

If his diarrhea is that bad still you need him looked at asap. Yes either get him to the GP or to the A&E he shouldn't be having water go straight through him like that! He probably needs something stronger for the problem and now some rehydration drinks to help him keep his fluid levels up

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:45 pm

Hi Leila

Only just catching up on the forum now.

How is your Dad? Did you take him to A&E?

Cathy xx

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:36 pm

jay

Postby jay » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:09 pm

Good luck with the oncologist tomorrow and hope your Dads diarrhea settles down. My husband gets an upset stomach, ie spends an hour on the loo the following morning if he eats something which is too fatty even with his creon, especially cheese effects him, (which I used to hide in his food to try and put weight on him)
Love Jayne
x

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:14 pm

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:23 pm

Leila, I do not think the creons alone will help with diaohrea. They will help the body extract energy from food, but not slow the flow of food through the digestive system. They also have no effect with liquids and should not be taken with hot drinks as the heat negates the effect. I adjust my anti-diaohrea tablets to slow the flow of food through the system and the creons to help with the weight. Please clarify with Jeni or Di, but I think your Dad needs to seriously up the anti-diaohrea tablets to slow things down and keep taking the creons to help absorb what is being consumed. If this is not working, the GP simply must look for another answer for you Dad.

I really hope this is some use Leila

Steve
X
Last edited by Slewis7313 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marie souter

Postby marie souter » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Hey Leila,

Just caught up on you and your dad .. the runs needs to be checked out asap,he will probably get to the stage where he won;t want to eat and drink he needs to be checked for dehydration quickly .. docs can do way more for him and I agree Creon isnt going to solve the problem if creon isnt the problem in the first place ...

hope you egt him sorted quickly

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:01 pm

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:22 pm

Hi Leila

Make sure he is taking in fluids as feeling dehyrdrated will make him feel worse. I know it is difficult if he is running to the loo all the time.. Maybe try diarlyte (sorry, spelling) as well.

I imagine that his oncologist will provide some good Insight and advice tomorrow. I do hope so so have fingers crossed!!!

Cathy xx

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:28 pm

Last edited by Fifi on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jules 2015

Postby jules 2015 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:40 pm

Hi Leila
My dad also had terrible diarrhea which they never really managed to get to the bottom of, this was followed by really bad constipation after going on steroids and morphine.
My dad became really dehydrated due to the diarrhea so I would definitely make sure they get that checked out tomorrow.
Will be thinking of you tomorrow
Julie x