A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Jwilson

Re: coping - or just

Postby Jwilson » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:26 pm

Karen it's just so good of you to post on here in the midst of all you are going through. I think of it like this. My life is not going to take the route I thought it would take. There is a sharp 90 degree shift coming up. Bill will never be a grandad and he adores kids. Who knows what is around the corner for him but he is pretty crap just now. Strength for the next while coming from me
June x

KATB

Postby KATB » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:12 am

Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you Karen and wishing you strength for tomorrow
K
X

belgrade

Postby belgrade » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:18 am

Like KATB I'll be thinking of you and your family tomorrow Karen.
Take care all,
Hilary

cestrian

Postby cestrian » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:54 am

Hi All

I've mentioned this on other, earlier, threads so apologise for repeating myself. I was lucky enough to have a nerve separation procedure by key-hole surgery before I started any other treatment. I know this is not available countrywide but it worked like magic and arrested any pain from the pancreas immediately. For anyone suffering severe pain I really recommend that you enquire if the operation is available and suitable for you. I cannot describe the relief that being pretty free from pain has given me and would love to think that others could obtain similar benefit.

Dfarmer

Postby Dfarmer » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Thinking of you Karen. My mum passed away 18th August and it still doesn't feel real. Not a day goes by that I don't cry. I did the eulogy at mum's funeral and it did help. We're now still busy with things like probate and sorting the headstone. I think you do just cope and this is a great place to share how you're feeling. Will be thinking about you on Tuesday
Dawn
X

liz99

Postby liz99 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi Karen,
My husband also does not want to accept the illness and does not want to apply for disabled badge etc.
I have managed to get some flexible working and a laptop - so I can do some work at home, which will help (could not reduce hours due to my job)

I am so sorry about your husband, I hope the funeral goes okay for you on tuesday my thoughts are with you. I cant imagine what you are going through but you appear to be strong and suporting your husband through his illness must have needed strength, just make sure you receive support for yourself during this difficult time.
Thinking of you.
Liz

Bee

Postby Bee » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:21 pm

Hi,
Have been reading and following this thread, haven't replied cos things are a little up in the air here, but I can so identify with you. My husband was also diagnosed this year(January) and like yours is a "babe" in terms of PC , 42 at diagnosis.
This forum is such a help whether to off load, or just know you are not alone.
We are fortunate to have had great care here and I cannot fault everything we have been offered.
Take care, stay strong,

Bee x