A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
karen17

A Yabadabado Celebration!

Postby karen17 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Well today we went for Bob's MRI results and I'm delighted to say it was good news. Following 12 cycles of folfiranox the results are a significant reduction again in the pancreas with the liver mets now reduced from 14 to 2 small ones! No spread to any other organs, bones or lymph nodes. The oncologist has finally agreed to refer for a surgical opinion both within our hospital and to approach another PCT of our choice. Also still considering Nanoknife. He says Bob is doing incredibly well. His only problem is the tingling and numbness in hands and feet which seem to be getting worse ( very dodgy driving!!! ) and when he lowers his head he gets like an electric shock down his legs. This is all due to the oxyplatin and have been told that some people develop this months to a year following chemo. If surgery is out then he will continue to be scanned 3 monthly and restart chemo when the little b****rs become active. For now we are happy and intend to enjoy the summer with lots of things planned. Now heading for the fridge to crack open the wine!!!

MSH

Re: A Yabadabado Celebration!

Postby MSH » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:21 pm

Excellent news - the Nanoknife does seem an interesting option and can be used prior to surgery.

Sueba

Postby Sueba » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi Karen
Yaaay!fab news!!!
Sue
Xxxx

Bee

Postby Bee » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:40 pm

Karen,
Fabulous news, wine and chocolate all round then!!!
Really pleased for you both.
Bee xx

Sones

Postby Sones » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Karen I'm so pleased, excellent news so good to hear.xx

J_T

Postby J_T » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:04 pm

YABBA

DABBA

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just the best news Karen, so pleased for all the family!

Julia x

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:45 am

Really pleased for you both..... Hope you enjoyed the wine!

I too am poised to look seriously at Nanoknife if my CT scan on 8th August does not go the way we hope.

For now, like yourselves, we are just having as much fun as this thing will allow us!

Steve

Xx

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:24 am

Hi Karen,

Fantastic news!! You must be so happy and relieved after Bob had been worried.

Really really pleased for you.

PS: Jonathan's tingling got better then got a bit worse when we were away on holiday but our oncologist said it should get better in time.

Enjoy the rest of your summer :)

xxx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Simply Wonderful News Karen! Well done to all, especially Bob!

Jeni and Dianne.

Jwilson

Postby Jwilson » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:10 pm

Karen, I am just seeing your post about Bob's MRI results. No wonder you were over the moon, its good to hear positive feedback. Bills chemo starts tomorrow. I have no idea what type he will be given. All I know is that its three weeks on and one off and that one day every week he will be going to hospital to get an IV drug. The other days he will be taking two tablets. He has been really rubbish this last week as the pain is awful and sometimes he can't get out of bed. However the nurse is coming today so hopefully she will advise that he increases his dosages. The GP has just called but we have to wait for the nurse in order for her to ring the doctor to change the script!!! Another spin to health centre as the drugs are controlled and can't be faxed to the pharmacy.
Well any more retail therapy? I have been a bit bad on the handbag front!!! Still, we didn't get on our holiday. Good enough excuse do you think?
June
Really glad Bob is doing so well!

Bee

Postby Bee » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi June, retail therapy always helps and in our cases is always allowed !
It sounds like Bill is going to have gem/cap. Three weeks of cap...... Tablets twice a day, every day and gemcitabine IV once a week for three weeks and then a week off. Am guessing so anyway. Hope all goes well
Bee xx

karen17

Postby karen17 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:35 pm

In my opinion June a girl can never have 2 many shoes or handbags :-)
Bit worried bout bob now as over weekend has become jaundiced. Just typical when appt is 2moro. Why when scan was good! Hope all goes well with you

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi Karen

Best of luck tomorrow for you and Bob. Given his scan results I can't see that it can be something they won't easily be able to resolve?

Let us know how you get on.

Xx

Ps. Retail therapy - Accessorise Accessorise!!!

Bee

Postby Bee » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Fingers crossed for tomorrow Karen, will await an update
Bee xx

Jwilson

Postby Jwilson » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:20 am

Good luck Karen for tomorrow. Lets hope for not too bad an experience with the first chemo, sure he can't get much worse! Sadly the Mulberry sale is now over so I may just come home and wait for Bill to be finished!
June