A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
laura

Re: Taking the plunge!

Postby laura » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:25 am

dear bee, so very sorry to hear that your lovely chris has flown the nest, i have been following your story, yet another sad story that makes me so grateful that ours is so differant.
my thoughts are with you, stay true to you, and i send wishes of strength and peace.

love to your family and you, laura xxx

karen17

Postby karen17 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:26 am

Oh Bee - reading these posts through tears, I'm so sorry and my heart goes out to you and the children. It sounds to me that Chris like my Bob refused to let pc take over his life until the end. He was a true hero battling on. Where the strength comes from I just can't imagine. Take comfort from the fact that you had the time at the end to be together as a family. He will have known how loved he was by you all. No words will take the pain away but you will find a way through. Take comfort from your family and friends and be kind to yourself. As June said when you are ready find us on Facebook. I don't know what I would do without jools, June, cathy and Kate to off load to. My thoughts are with you
Karen xxx ( big hug )

Sue and Carole.....I think about you lots

Nikki........my fellow hv sending lots of love

Sarah......always available for glass of wine in the background

Steve, Mike and Linda......always in my thoughts

EmmaR

Postby EmmaR » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:33 pm

Oh dear bee another good man taken to soon I know how desperate you must be feeling lost my Jon on the 19th of November and it's true what they say grief is the price you pay for love but stay strong for your family and I hope your son goes on to do his dad proud with his rugby ..
Your forum family are all here for you and it's really only people like us who have watched our loved ones fight this awful awful disease really understand the reality of it .
Love EmmaR x

jules 2015

Postby jules 2015 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:28 am

Hi Bee
So very sad to login this morning and read the news that your beloved Chris has lost his battle with this horrific disease.
I hope you can take some comfort that you and your family were with him until the end and had time to say your goodbyes.
I lost my dad last month and still cry for him everyday, don't feel that you have to be strong all the time for your children you need to grieve too
Sending you lots of hugs and strength to help you get through the next few weeks.
Julie x

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:10 am

Dear Bee,

I am so sorry to read about the passing of Chris. Such a sad bit of news to read again on here - our sincere condolences go to you and your family, from all of us here at Pancreatic Cancer UK.

Our thoughts are with you.

Jeni and Dianne, Support Team.

Bee

Postby Bee » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Hi everyone,
Thank you all for your lovely words. So the funeral is tomorrow. This all feels so unreal, perhaps it will hit tomorrow. I feel numb for the majority of the time, and although I know he won't I expect him to walk in the front door or text me or phone. When I don't feel numb I just feel flat and function on autopilot.
Tomorrow will be a celebration of chris xx

J_T

Postby J_T » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:05 pm

Hi Bee, all those feelings are very familiar.

I hope the celebration of Chris's life is everything you want it to be. I am sure it will be a fitting send off to your lovely man.

I'll be thinking of you.

Love
Julia x

belgrade

Postby belgrade » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:48 pm

Hello Bee,
It's now over 3 months since my husband passed away and I still, like you with Chris, are half expecting him to walk through the door or text me.Life is very different and somewhat unreal at times. I try to focus on, not why has he gone but what wonderful memories he has left us with. This is a rocky road but you will find your path along it.
My thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

Love
Hilary

jules 2015

Postby jules 2015 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:36 am

Hi bee
Hoping that Chris's funeral goes as well as can be expected tomorrow. I still wake up every day hoping that it has all been as bad dream.
Take care
Julie x

littlesister

Postby littlesister » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:52 am

More thoughts with you. x
Judi

nikkis

Postby nikkis » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:13 am

Lovely Bee,
Thinking of you today, can only imagine how hard this is going to be.
Lots of love,
Nikki

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:13 am

Hi Bee,

Thinking of you today for the Celebration of Chris's life.

Hope it goes as well as it can, and that you have some lovely memories of the day.

Kind regards,

Jeni.

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi Bee

As with the others, I truly hope that tomorrow goes wonderfully and my thought will be with you and your family, not just for tomorrow but for the path ahead.

Thinking of you

Loads of love and virtual hugs

Cathy xxxxxx

InfoForMum

Postby InfoForMum » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:55 pm

Me too Bee. I'm sure it will be the send off he deserves and hopefully brings you lot of the support you need. Love to all of you.

Sarah

marie souter

Postby marie souter » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:11 am

Hi Bee I was wondering how you're holding up, I know its been 50 days (yes I'm still counting them) since my mom passed and I know how christmas was for me...how are you honey?

love and hugz
thinking of you
Marie
xx